Faith

LDS convert Danor Gerald is star of new 'Saints and Soldiers' film

Comments

• kevo Saratoga Springs, UT
    Aug. 14, 2014 8:32 a.m.

Loved the movie! (I saw the pre-screening). It was better than the second one in my opinion. I still like the first movie best. And I met Danor for a brief second. He did a great job and it was nice to shake his hand. Awesome to read more about him and his conversion story.

Matt Meese (the Studio C guy) did a decent job too.

• ClarkeinAK Anchorage, AK
    Aug. 14, 2014 11:47 a.m.

I hope the movie finds its way to Alaska...

• Kjirstin Youngberg Mapleton, UT
    Aug. 14, 2014 1:36 p.m.

Danor is a fine actor, and I'm glad this production in Utah is giving him an opportunity to shine.

So many fear so much about what an acting lifestyle can do to destroy. I think of the opportunities these mediums have to showcase ways we can build. Our daughter, Rachel Payne, is an actor/singer whose musical, ANTHEM is currently playing in NYC. It is about the 200th Anniversary of the writing of The Star-Spangled Banner, and shows the humanity of families caught up in wars from the Revolution through Afghanistan.

You can find evil anywhere; prescription drugs, meth and heroin are melting our snug and safe communities. We need to get over this "boogyman" perception and recognize life is what we make it. May as well do what we love.

We need to go forward, doing whatever it is we love, in faith and without fear. Remember the mustard seed. The sort Jesus spoke of grows in Israel, and is as small as one speck of powdered sugar! I'm thankful Danor lives by that faith, knowing God will always guide his steps in righteousness.

See The Void this weekend so it can spread.

• christoph Brigham City, UT
    Aug. 14, 2014 8:03 p.m.

Keeping the commandments makes us more free, and the best artists know this.

• gittalopctbi Glendale, AZ
    Aug. 16, 2014 12:58 a.m.

Sounds like a fascinating man. I'd love to meet him.

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    Aug. 18, 2014 11:05 a.m.

He's been pursuing this for a really long time, it's good to see him successful. ah-ha was a looong time ago now!

• 1Reader Sunnyvale, CA
    Aug. 18, 2014 10:06 p.m.

Gerald makes a lot of great points--such as that having a family makes you better, and doesn't tie you down; and that following Christ's path is the safe, happy and balanced way back.