Faith

'Mormon Bachelorette' announces five women who will participate in show this fall

Comments

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    Aug. 4, 2014 10:05 p.m.

What next? I can't stand the Bachelor/Bachelorette series on tv. How substandard will this be?

• terra nova Park City, UT
    Aug. 5, 2014 1:15 a.m.

Why must we ape the madness of the world around us? What's next, asking the Mormon Tabernacle Choir to do rap? These so-called "reality" shows are sick and sad.

• Ranch Here, UT
    Aug. 5, 2014 6:39 a.m.

Popularity. It is seductive.

• lledwards38 Canandaigua, NY
    Aug. 5, 2014 1:42 p.m.

If this is like the other Bachorlette series, it is appalling that any LDS woman would be involved. The whole premise of the "other" one is based on superficial attraction, and decisions based on things of little or no importance in a lasting relationship. I do not see how this could possibly lead to a marriage for time and eternity.

• fowersjl Farmington, Utah
    Aug. 6, 2014 7:34 a.m.

Stop with the nasty comments. This is not like the TV show at all. And it gives young people a chance to meet others whom they might not otherwise meet. Once women graduate from college and are out in the workforce their chances of getting married drop signigicantly. I know from personal experience. Believe me, the Mormon Bachelorette has no resemblance to the tawdry show it's named after.

• Not Asleep Lewiston, UT
    Aug. 6, 2014 3:15 p.m.

I think it's an opportunity to show the world how something like this can be done modestly, fun, and appropriate...anything lovely, praiseworthy, or of good report...

Just hope it is done well and not awkward or weird-- we don't need another sub-par Mormon production.

• mominthetrenches South Jordan, Utah
    Aug. 6, 2014 5:25 p.m.

I have never been able to stomach a single episode of the Bachelor or Bachelorette reality shows--when I have started to watch, I found it completely insulting, sexist and phony. I also think the values of marriage are incorrectly portrayed when everyone is watching in. If it's not like the "other" show, then why are you titling it that way? If it is more of a panel discussion, call it something else, this could be misleading to the very people you are trying to attract to watch. For those of you who don't like this kind of thing, just do what I do and turn it off/don't tune in. From someone who married older, ugh, in my 30's, take my word for it--stay the course and be happy with yourself (marriage will not "make" you happier), with your education, spirituality, etc, and engage in things that bring good to those around you. You might be surprised to find someone when you least expect it by just being yourself! No one needs to watch TV trash that makes true love look like a fairy tale--neither one portrays what real love is all about.