Chuckie Keeton named MW preseason offensive player of the year

Comments

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    July 22, 2014 9:52 a.m.

I'm thrilled to have Chuckie back for his senior year. He is a tremendous player, an inspiring leader and a great individual. On the field Keeton is a game changer. Go Big Blue!!!

• Poach Gary back Murray, UT
    July 22, 2014 10:06 a.m.

Of coarse he is. He was recruited by the only competent coach the state has had in a decade. Wells is still getting his feet wet, but my Utes need some help. Congrats to Chuckie. Hopefully Gary is cheap to buy out of Wisconsin.

• Aggie238 Logan, UT
    July 22, 2014 10:51 a.m.

Can't wait for Chuckie Time! I knew he was special the first time I saw him play.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    July 22, 2014 1:45 p.m.

Chuckie Keaton can flat out play. I wish USU the best of luck this season, except vs. Utah of couse. I'm really looking forward to the Tenn game. Kind of bummed out that it may be aired on a limited market SEC channel though.

• Aggie238 Logan, UT
    July 22, 2014 2:10 p.m.

@Spokane Ute

We don't play Utah this year (more's the pity). Best luck to the Utes this year, however. I am pulling for a bowl game for y'all.

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    July 22, 2014 2:25 p.m.

This cannot be!! Stang0 has indicated Keeton is not even the equal of the QB at SUU. He appears to be the only fan on the planet that can't see the talent that Chuckie possesses.

• VegasUte Las Vegas, NV
    July 22, 2014 3:59 p.m.

I can't wait to watch Chuckie play this year, he is fun to watch. I hope he has a great senior season for you Aggies.

Oh, and - Beat byU!

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    July 22, 2014 5:20 p.m.

@ Aggie238

My mistake; thanks for the corection. Best of luck to your Aggies in every game this year!

@ tinplater

He also claims that Bobby Wagner didn't play in the Super Bowl; consider the source Guy!

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    July 22, 2014 7:29 p.m.

@tinplater

Thanks for mentioning me once again before I'm even here. it's a good thing this is a preseason list. During the actual season Keeton will get injured(not a wish, just a fact) ad he won't be on anyone's radar. Can we get off that subject? He didn't play. This is about Keeton being named to a preseason list and getting laughed off the real list once the season starts.

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    July 23, 2014 7:05 a.m.

Stang0, you got it right, it is about being named to a prestigious preseason list. How do you explain that he made it to this list? It reflects his national stature as a star athlete. Nothing more, nothing less. What happens this year remains to be seen, but based upon your previous attempts to predict the future, I suspect you will be eating crow again at the end of this season. All true fans of football respect Keeton's abilities and even those from opposing schools are wishing him great success this year. He is a dynamic, exciting player.

• 08Stanley Salt Lake City, UT
    July 23, 2014 11:02 a.m.

Sour grapes! Keaton beat my hero Brad by 31 points, but Keaton would be sitting on the bench if he we're at SUU cause I said so!

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    July 23, 2014 1:29 p.m.

I can't explain it tinplater. I thought people realized how fragile he is. I've never eaten crow. Don't know the taste. Every year I've said he'll be injured early he is. A true football fan like myself realizes he has no ability.

@08Stanley

He didn't do it single handedly. And Keeton would've been sitting on the bench because we had a great QB that wouldn't be benched for a fragile QB and Keeton would also be hurt so your argument has no merit. Again if you are going to be me then get the facts straight.

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    July 23, 2014 2:48 p.m.

Ok Stang0, time for you to really respond. What do you predict the Aggies won loss record for 2014 to be? And SUU? (You failed miserably two years ago when you claimed the Aggies would only win 5 games under new coach Wells.)

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    July 23, 2014 4:38 p.m.

Who is USU playing besides Tennessee and BYU? Those are sure losses for USU. As is BSU and Fresno State. Other than that I don't know who USU plays. I'm not sure how good SUU's opponents are this season so I can't predict our season. But perhaps you can. Weber is going to live up to our usual rivalry. Other than that I can't predict a W or L at this point of the off season for SUU. Look at who USU played. It's not hard for a new coach to beat WAC 2.0 teams. I just remembered SUU is also playing Fresno and I will say that will be a loss because Fresno is one of two tough teams in the WAC 2.o. I hate to admit SUU will lose that game but it will most likely happen. But we will put up a fight. We've got something USU doesn't have, heart.

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    July 23, 2014 6:17 p.m.

Nice predictions Stang0. I guess you are only good at predicting injuries, not wins or losses. I see USU going 9W 4L or 8 and 5. Either way pretty hopeful we get to a bowl game (again!) I agree we probably lose to BYU and Tennessee (both away games) but wins are possible. And why would you say USU has no heart? Because they lost some games? They were all close, very winnable. If losing means no heart then your wonderful thunderbirds were heartless in their defeat by USU.

• AggieFan4Ever Logan, UT
    July 23, 2014 7:01 p.m.

Okay, Stang08, you've said some frankly stupid and untrue things about USU here, but saying that they have no heart is far and away the most untrue of all. It's a lie worthy of a politician. The attitude of the football team during their rise from being cupcakes to becoming respectable has been absolutely remarkable. The fact that USU plays with so much heart and soul is precisely the reason that their team full of 1 and 2 star players can go toe to toe with the top teams in the country. That heart, drive, brotherhood, motivation, and will to succeed can be found in every player on the team and has become the epitome of Utah State football. To say that USU has no heart just shows your complete and total ignorance, even more so than your saying that Chuckie Keeton isn't a good quarterback or claiming that Fresno State is on our schedule this year.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    July 23, 2014 10:35 p.m.

Man you aggie fanatics just don't know when to call it quits do ya? Nobody can predict exactly how a season's going to go before the season starts. However, when you know who the QB of a team is and how well or not so well he's done in his career that's pretty easy to predict. The "heart" of your team Keeton is always on the bench. When he is on the bench USU doesn't seem to know what they are doing. I never said W's and L'l mean you have or don't have heart. SUU has huge heart since Lamb took over. Back in 07 and earlier I would've agreed with your statement about SUU. But not with Lamb at the helm. Now I'm being called a liar? USU is far from respectable. Toe to toe with tops teams is a bit of a stretch don't you think? Did I claim Fresno was on the schedule? No, you might play them if your team has the heart to make the WAC 2.0 Championship. Everything else I've said is true.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    July 24, 2014 8:09 a.m.

I predict the Ags will be all heart this year. Enough starters returning but with enough fresh talent to make for a good mix. If we can get past Tennessee with a win, I feel the sky could be the limit for this team, sort of like 2012.

After suffering catastrophe last year, I just feel like everybody is going to step up and do their part. We'll see a real team effort week in and week out (I hope anyway). This program is not all about one player.

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    July 24, 2014 9:58 a.m.

Stang0, the Ags should amazing "heart" with Keeton on the bench, making it to the conference championship game and winning a post season bowl game against a nationally ranked opponent. The team has no quit at all. What evidence do you have to label them as without heart?

• AggieFan4Ever Logan, UT
    July 24, 2014 12:51 p.m.

Wow, Stang08... I don't even know where to begin.

1. "Nobody can predict exactly how a season's going to go before the season starts." Yeah... I know that. That's why what I wrote didn't include any predictions.

2. "The "heart" of your team Keeton..." He's not the heart of the team. While he is one of the best team leaders, the USU football team has proved time and again that they are not dependent on one single person. Everyone thought they'd tank after Andersen left for Wisconsin. They didn't. Everyone thought that they'd tank after Chuckie went down last year. They didn't.

3. "When he is on the bench USU doesn't seem to know what they are doing." I know what they were doing. They put Garretson in and went 6-1, including 1-1 against top 25 teams.

4. "Back in 07 and earlier I would've agreed with your statement about SUU." ??? I didn't say anything about SUU.

• AggieFan4Ever Logan, UT
    July 24, 2014 12:52 p.m.

cont'd

5. "Now I'm being called a liar?" If you walked into the Utah State locker room and said the things you said about the team not having any heart, I'm quite sure a lot of people would call you a liar.

6. "USU is far from respectable." If this were true, we wouldn't have half the team on preseason award watch lists, we wouldn't be on any preseason top 25 lists, and we wouldn't be putting as many players in the NFL as we are.

7. "Toe to toe with tops teams is a bit of a stretch don't you think?" Almost knocking off defending national champ Auburn on their own turf in 2011? Losing to Wisconsin on a missed field goal in 2012? USC in 2013? If we had gotten blown out by all of them maybe you could say that being toe to toe with them is a stretch.

8. "Did I claim Fresno was on the schedule?" Yeah... you did. This was your prediction for the season: "Who is USU playing besides Tennessee and BYU? Those are sure losses for USU. As is BSU and Fresno State. Other than that I don't know who USU plays."

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    July 25, 2014 1:16 p.m.

@Sambone

Thanks for using the word heart. It proves you read my comments just like everyone else. And yes your team is all about one player.

tinplater

Should or showed? I'm a little confused now. Every big team they ever face, Utah, BYU. Those are classic examples of not having any heart.

AggieFan4Ever

Your points mean nothing to me except number 4. You didn't but others did. Please read other posts.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    July 25, 2014 1:18 p.m.

Another thing I've mentioned again and again is preseason list's don't matter. USU players will be laughed off those lists before the whistle blows against Tennessee.

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    July 25, 2014 5:19 p.m.

Stang0, you wrote:

"Should or showed? I'm a little confused now."

For once I completely agree with you.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    July 25, 2014 11:38 p.m.

Only five more weeks till the season starts. The anticipation is driving me crazy! I'm super eager to watch Chuckie have his last hurrah as an Aggie. Hope it's a great year for him.

Oh, and where are all those SUU articles on the Deseret News? They publish like six of those per year.
    And I guess it just didn't occur to some posters that I can see their screen name and skip their comment, but whatever. I'm totally cool if they want to post against a brick wall. And I know I'm doing some assuming in that area, but life is pretty good for me.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    July 26, 2014 1:47 p.m.

@tinplater

You wrote should instead of showed. That is why I was confused. You wrote "The Aggies should heart last season". What you should've wrote was "The aggies showed a lot of heart last season". See what I mean?

@Sambone

Keep showing(see tinplater that's the word you should've used) us that you read my posts. Every SUU article worth posting on I have done so. More will come during the season. You don't skip any comment. You wouldn't mention the word heart or mention SUU if you skipped my comment. You don't have to mention my name for people to know you read my comments. Whatever, keep pretending I don't exist. I have plenty of followers like tinplater.

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    July 26, 2014 4:49 p.m.

Stang0, main thing is you were confused, but congratulations on figuring it out.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    July 26, 2014 11:23 p.m.

Hey Tin, did you see KSL's special on the Ags tonight? It was great! Got a really good look at how Keeton's rehab has gone. His knee is nearly 100%, and that is coming from both the head coach and the doctors who helped rehab him.

I got a really good feeling about this year, especially with Fackrell and the Super Vigil bros in the backfield.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    July 28, 2014 12:57 p.m.

tinplater

Actually the main thing is your confusion of the words should and showed. That's the real story here.

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    July 28, 2014 3:46 p.m.

Sambo..I did indeed see it, not live but on a link from USUfans.com. Kind of bizarre the way the interviewer wanted to focus on the very spot on the field where Chuckie got hurt. The Doughty imitation was priceless. Keeton is such a standup, articulate spokesperson for Aggie football….makes us all proud.