BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar pass rusher in line to wind up on a path to the draft

Comments

• IQ92 hi, UT
    July 20, 2014 5:04 p.m.

Coach needs to be reminded that at BYU one says "he'll play at another level," not "he'll play on Sunday."

• idablu Idaho Falls, ID
    July 20, 2014 8:48 p.m.

From an NFL perspective Fua's size is a problem. But he has instincts like Van Noy and probably a better tackler and better speed.

I just don't think Kaufusi has the speed needed in the NFL for an OLB/Pass Rusher. He really didn't impress on the D-line last year. Maybe he will blossom in this new position.

Right now, I don't think anyone on the defense is a sure NFL draftee. That could certainly could change with some stand-out performances this season.

• Taysom4Heisman Heber City, UT
    July 20, 2014 8:59 p.m.

I think Fua will be drafted around the 4th or 5th round.

He isn't a freak of nature like Ziggy or Kyle, so I doubt he will go super high.

But he is still very fast and athletic, and is doing a good job bulking up as well.

I would love to see him get drafted this year and then see Bronson get drafted either this year or next year.

And I would be shocked if Troy Hinds isn't drafted down the road.

BYU is becoming a factory for NFL pass-rushing talent. Hopefully we can become more consistent with producing draft picks at other positions.

• Y Grad / Y Dad Richland, WA
    July 20, 2014 11:00 p.m.

You know I'm really okay if I college player excels at the college level, but doesn't have it takes to play at the NFL level.

I cheer for BYU Thursday through Saturday, and read about former BYU pros on Monday.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    July 21, 2014 8:25 a.m.

Y Grad/Y Dad

U don't watch the Seahawks on Sunday? I hope you are staying smoke free in the Tri-cities; these wild fires are horrible.

• DuckOuttaWater SLC , UT
    July 21, 2014 3:57 p.m.

Spokane Ute:
    I'm a Seahawks fan! I thought it was sacrilegious NOT to watch them.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    July 21, 2014 4:49 p.m.

@DuckouttaWater

It is and Amen Brother!

Go Hawks!

• BigCougar Bountiful, UT
    July 21, 2014 9:55 p.m.

part of me always felt like Bronson should've started on the OL when he came to BYU if he wanted to have a sure fire NFL career.

Nonetheless I hope he and Fua garner a lot of attention playing the OLB position and have some big games.

• Y Grad / Y Dad Richland, WA
    July 23, 2014 12:17 p.m.

Duck outta water, Spokane Ute, that IS why the Lord invented DVR!

At least we are united behind one team. GO HAWKS!