Former BYU cornerback Tim McTyer hoping his star shines in Hollywood

Comments

• Y Grad / Y Dad Richland, WA
    July 14, 2014 9:52 p.m.

Man I loved the royal!

• skitter Orem, UT
    July 15, 2014 6:07 a.m.

BYU does not get speed players. As I have stated before certain schools are better at developing certain positions. I could easily ask you the same question about some of utah's position players. How come the utes have don't get good tight ends or quarterbacks very often? And "limited recruiting pool" isn't an answer for you either.

• JMH Provo, UT
    July 15, 2014 6:24 a.m.

You have to love Chris B, he must get up every morning to scour the media for places he can comment about BYU. Now I could say that you don't see many big time QBs at Utah. Alex Smith was great but more of a system QB than anything else in college. Put him in the right place and he can be a winner and is a great guy. But it has nothing to do with recruiting smart guys to play QB at Utah. I do wonder why?

• mnsave Rigby, ID
    July 15, 2014 8:56 a.m.

Utah gets good TEs. Their last good one - Jake Murphy - was a BYU player, but Utah recruited him while he was on a mission. I thought that is an unethical practice used by only BYU

• Stringer Bell Henderson, NV
    July 15, 2014 11:50 a.m.

Re: mnsave "Jake Murphy - was a BYU player, but Utah recruited him while he was on a mission."

Interesting, when did Murphy ever play for BYU? If he was actually a BYU "player" then they would have had a scholarship available for him. Better check with your coach to get the facts straight on this one.

• Sports Are Great Salt Lake City, UT
    July 15, 2014 1:55 p.m.

@Stringer - there was a scholarship for him when he was supposed to come home from his mission. He chose to leave the mission early and chose to go to Utah. And byu fans didn't do nearly the kicking and screaming that Utah "fans" have been doing over Langi. Guys can choose where they go, they don't owe us anything.

• nananana batman saint george, UT
    July 15, 2014 7:42 p.m.

After reading the comments I just want to say this was an article on what Tim Mctyer an old BYU football player is doing these days. I don't know why the headline and subsequent article of the subject matter didn't make that obvious?
    and Mr. Mctyer if you're reading this I'm a comedian/rapper as well maybe we could go on tour together.