Utes' Travis Wilson, a counselor at quarterback camp, is ready to play football again

Comments

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    July 8, 2014 12:46 p.m.

I said it when this kid started and I still think we can do it: Before he ends his career he'll lead us to Pac 12 glory and to the Pac 12 Conference of Champions title game. The south is so stacked that I don't see the winner having less than 2 losses in conference. I think there will be 4-5 teams in the South all within striking distance in the final weeks of the season.

So glad he's healthy and they found his medical issue to address it.

Onward and upward!

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    July 8, 2014 1:45 p.m.

I'm just really happy for this kid, how anyone couldn't be is beyond me. What a scary thing to have to face and getting a clean bill of health and the go ahead to return playing must be a great joy and relief to him.

• Two For Flinching Salt Lake City, UT
    July 8, 2014 6:44 p.m.

@ Duckhunter

I think we all agree. Thanks for the kind sentiments.

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    July 8, 2014 8:09 p.m.

I agree with Ducky! Hope he continues to develop over the summer and leads the program back to a bowl game this year.

Go Utes!

• Cletus from Coalville Coalville, UT
    July 9, 2014 8:06 a.m.

Travis will lead us to lots of glory as champions because we seen this coming along all the time. He will win the hiesman with glory and be the mvp for the rose bowl and bring us lots of more glory so we can prove again we are forward an onward.

Go write it down!

• LonestarRunner Salt Lake City, UT
    July 9, 2014 8:07 a.m.

I'm happy for Travis getting a clean bill of health to play again, worried about how well he'll fare the first time he gets blind-sided by a blitzing 250 lb. linebacker, and laughing hysterically at this delusional statement:

"I said it when this kid started and I still think we can do it: Before he ends his career he'll lead us to Pac 12 glory and to the Pac 12 Conference of Champions title game."

• gonefishn Salt Lake City, UT
    July 12, 2014 12:20 a.m.

@LonestarRunner
    Your statement is dripping with irony. I'm glad you have such good humor about Utah in reference to a conference. Your November "conference schedule" looks awesome. Senior day VS. Savannah St. should be awesome, right?

• sammyg Springville, UT
    July 13, 2014 10:56 a.m.

gonefishn

A little sensitive about Travis or was it the part about Chris B's Pac12 glory and a conference title game comment that made you think Lonestar Runner's comment was too much???

I personally think Travis should retire. I can only imagine his family thinking just like LonestarRunner stated. Why take the risk?

What is EVERYONE going to think when he does take a hard hit? What if he goes down? Then what?

Who's to blame? Travis or his coaches, the doctor, the radiologist, the parents, the player that makes the hit, the trainer, his friends, etc.?

While I share everyone's relief that Travis is healthy I certainly question the decisions of those persons risking his life after such a close call.

You can bet some disclaimers and hold harmless agreements have been signed.

Sadly it's a disaster waiting to happen. I honestly will not be able to watch a Ute game with Travis playing without thinking if he's going to make it through unharmed.

And if you were honest you'd admit that you'll be thinking about his health as well.