Faith

'Duck Dynasty' family to release branded Bible

Comments

• Hamath Omaha, NE
    June 10, 2014 5:33 a.m.

Ug.... This is distasteful. Making money off one's faith doesn't appeal to me. It's not about what I would want my faith to be about.

• Really??? Kearns, UT
    June 10, 2014 7:47 a.m.

A branded Bible? Really? Seems pretty tacky to me.

• Joes toes west Valley City, UT
    June 10, 2014 8:04 a.m.

HAMATH.......You mean like all the TV preachers, and Mega Churches, and preachers with Armani suits and big limo's etc. Your right that is distasteful

• I M LDS 2 Provo, UT
    June 10, 2014 8:52 a.m.

It will be renamed "The Book of Si".

• LittleStream Carson City, NV
    June 10, 2014 9:40 a.m.

Just what we need, someone else telling us how to live Christs teachings. Let's see did Christ make money off of any of his followers? I wonder if Christ were here today, would there be a "reality" show titled "What Would Jesus Do?"

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    June 10, 2014 12:54 p.m.

oh my goodness sake - liberals run for cover!!!! How dare the Duck clan publish a King James Bible with UNDERLINED scriptural text and testamonials!! Can you imagine how many poor unsuspecting people will be offended beyond repair after reading these faith promoting testamonials and live changing principles? I mean how dare we allow such blantant Christianty to be published for any unsuspecting atheist to just pick up and read. I think of the damange that will be done when people read about NOT commiting adultery and fornication. This alone might just cause Hollywood to fold up and go out of business..... and finally can you imagine people reading the words of the Apostle Paul about morality and virture. Well I am just shocked that this sort of faith and hope be allowed to be published in PC America. What't next - putting "In God We Trust" on our currancy???

• slcdenizen Murray, UT
    June 10, 2014 1:46 p.m.

@patriot

Lol, many atheists are scripturally proficient. Even more so than believers. Atheists are the ones telling the King about the absence of clothing.

• Feel4Education utah, UT
    June 10, 2014 8:48 p.m.

Anything that invites others to do good is a godly pursuit. I believe reading the bible will be a good thing if people are willing to learn regardless of why they started the journey of knowledge. It may begin by them reading because of duck dynasty, but it will end with them building a testimony of their own is the hope I am sure. I guess it could be worse. They could be selling a duck dynasty playboy edition. Why is it that people only get mad at "Hypocrites" when the Hypocrite tries to do a good thing.

• SAS Sandy, UT
    June 10, 2014 10:24 p.m.

Hm. I wonder how much they'll charge, and if I can afford it.

Perhaps I can find a moneychanger at the temple.

• Shaun Sandy, UT
    June 11, 2014 12:15 a.m.

Making money by using a branded bible is a class act. Did Jesus also incorporate himself?

• Really??? Kearns, UT
    June 11, 2014 6:53 a.m.

Now, if the sales of the Bibles went to support a charity, I wouldn't see any problem with this. I don't like this because this appears to just be another branding opportunity for the Duck Dynasty clan to make more money for themselves.

• Tyler D Meridian, ID
    June 11, 2014 8:53 a.m.

Just further evidence that Christians are moving farther away from the core teachings of Jesus all the time. Modern Christianity has much more in common with the self-righteous Scribes and Pharisees Jesus castigated repeatedly.

Some day you might all meet him... good luck with that.

• The Wraith Kaysville, UT
    June 11, 2014 9:31 a.m.

I was disheartened to read that this will just be an already existing translation of the Bible wrapped up as Duck Dynasty merchandise. It would be way more fun and humorous if it was an all new Duck Dynasty translation.

• RanchHand Huntsville, UT
    June 13, 2014 1:33 p.m.

"And God spake unto the Duck and said unto it, feed thou the hunter with thine own body of flesh that he may be filled to fulfillment and sated with the grease from thy bones..."

Money, money, money...

• Furry1993 Ogden, UT
    June 15, 2014 4:42 p.m.

The Duck Dynasty group just proved what it is all about -- using religion to acquire filthy lucre. Same on them.