Utah basketball: Larry Krystkowiak, 3 Ute players to join Pac-12 all-star team in China

Comments

• VegasUte Las Vegas, NV
    May 23, 2014 4:21 p.m.

Way to go Coach K!

Go Utes!!

• Mormon Ute Kaysville, UT
    May 23, 2014 4:39 p.m.

Awesome opportunity for Coach K and these players!

• Who am I sir? Cottonwood Heights, UT
    May 23, 2014 10:14 p.m.

Just 3 years ago, Washburn stayed and Loveridge sign. Thank you for your trust and commitment. Now reap the benefits of being in a upper-tier PAC-12 basketball program! Go Utes.

• MyPerspective Salt Lake City, UT
    May 23, 2014 10:49 p.m.

This is what membership in an elite conference is all about. Congratulations to Coach K and all the Pac-12 players selected to make this trip to China. A fabulous opportunity!

Represent our conference well...on and off the court.

Go Pac-12!!

• Dutchman Murray, UT
    May 23, 2014 10:57 p.m.

So much for the claims by some that the PAC 12 has no respect for Utah. Choosing LK to coach the PAC 12 team and bring three Utah players with him is the ultimate statement of respect. Congrats Larry!

• RBN Salt Lake City, UT
    May 24, 2014 7:41 a.m.

I'm a Utah fan, but let's be realistic. That's not much of an "all-star" team. It's a team of PAC12 players to be sure, but none is really an all-star.

• Dutchman Murray, UT
    May 24, 2014 6:16 p.m.

I've just heard that Krystkowiak will also be taking his Utes coaching staff with him to coach the Pac-12 All-Stars, in China. This really is a big deal for the Runnin' Utes program.

RBN,

Sorry, but the experts on some of the comment boards disagree with you.

• Rockarolla West Jordan, UT
    May 24, 2014 10:18 p.m.

Looks to be a fun and rewarding trip plus they get to play ball. Have a great time boys!

• Old But Not Stupid Moorpark, CA
    May 25, 2014 9:38 a.m.

Dutchman
    Murray, UT

"So much for the claims by some that the PAC 12 has no respect for Utah. Choosing LK to coach the PAC 12 team and bring three Utah players with him is the ultimate statement of respect."

Dutch...I was impressed by the headline. But my excitement was severely blunted when I saw the rest of the roster. The roster sounds like a 3rd string PAC-12 "all-star" team.

Wonder how the Chinese will do against this lot.

• Dutchman Murray, UT
    May 25, 2014 10:09 p.m.

Old But Not Stupid,

I don't know how closely you follow PAC 12 basketball but DeVonte Lacy, Xavier Johnson, and Andrew Andrews are all pretty good players too. As for my comment about respect I was referring to insinuations from some that the PAC 12 conference office had no respect for Utah. Since it was the conference that did the choosing it dispells that myth.

• Mormon Ute Kaysville, UT
    May 27, 2014 9:43 a.m.

Those of you dissing the roster need to remember these are the top current Pac 12 players. So while there may be many names missing that starred last season, these are the top returning players in the conference. Yes, the Pac 12 lost a lot of talent to the NBA, but a lot of talent still remains.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    May 27, 2014 12:14 p.m.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I love my Pac 12 membership.

We are all part of the most prestigious conference in the entire nation, and a conference that has international appeal

The University of Utah, being part of this prestigious conference, is immediately elevated into one of the most desirable positions in all of college sports.

Proud Ute