Family

BYU-Idaho alumnus Ryan Hamilton performs clean comedy act on 'Conan'

Comments

• idablu Idaho Falls, ID
    May 14, 2014 3:00 p.m.

I saw this guy as a "warm-up" to Brian Regan when he came to town. He was really quite good. I hope he is successful as a comedian.

• gee-en Salt Lake City, UT
    May 14, 2014 4:14 p.m.

he's pretty funny but he looks, sounds and has the mannerisms to do a whole bit about how he could be jerry seinfeld's illigitamate son, or some kind of failed experiment to clone seinfeld or something. I can't believe he has never made the connection

• the zamboni Salt Lake City, UT
    May 14, 2014 10:52 p.m.

Hamilton is legit. I saw him at the Comedy Cellar in NYC in 2012 and he pretty much killed, despite being sandwiched in between much more "colorful" comics.

• Staylikethatforever Lumerton, NC
    May 15, 2014 2:29 a.m.

@geen-en,
    Yes!!! I kept trying to figure out who he reminded me of and you nailed it! He is like Jerry Seinfeld. I hope he reads your comment and adds it to his act. He is very funny!

• william e. kettley SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    May 15, 2014 9:41 a.m.

Ryan, Visited with you and Matthew Lampros in NYC a few years ago. You were in our Singles Ward together earlier in decade and remember your performances then. Good to see you again, funny man ! Bill Kettley

• adazzle.dim SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    May 15, 2014 9:44 a.m.

One of his popular early bits did comment on his physical resemblance to Jerry Seinfeld. He called himself the love child of Jerry and Elaine.

He was in my singles' ward in SLC a few years back. I remember sitting at the ward Christmas dinner enduring the ward talent show and then Ryan came on and all us grumps were suddenly doubled over laughing. I showed up at a ward dinner after that hoping to get to know him better, and even sat across from him, but he's not lying in this bit--he's quiet around strangers. No doubt gathering up our quirks to incorporate into his material.

• swkell Orem, UT
    May 15, 2014 2:56 p.m.

We've seen Ryan many times at Wiseguys Comedy Club and he is one of our favorites! Wish him the best!