Faith

'Ben-Hur' racing back to the big screen

Comments

• eastcoastcoug Danbury, CT
    April 28, 2014 12:17 p.m.

Rather than some cheesy CGI downgrade of this classic, I would rather they promoted and ran the original on the big screen...so another generation could appreciate an awesome movie.

• Craig Clark Boulder, CO
    April 28, 2014 12:33 p.m.

If the goal is to top William Wyler's 1959 cinematic epoch, that's a tall order to fill.

• Dutchman Murray, UT
    April 28, 2014 12:39 p.m.

What is wrong with the original? It won 11 academy awards. Leave it alone. The last time I saw the original in a movie theater about two years ago there was a full house and it got a well deserved standing ovation at the end. I would return to see the original any day.

• Cats Somewhere in Time, UT
    April 28, 2014 1:12 p.m.

You can't improve on perfection. When a film has won 11 academy awards, just leave it alone and do something else.

• GZE SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    April 28, 2014 1:17 p.m.

Why?

• A Scientist Provo, UT
    April 28, 2014 2:16 p.m.

Ben Hur is a great work of fiction. And so is the Bible. They go great together on the Big Screen!

• eastcoastcoug Danbury, CT
    April 28, 2014 2:37 p.m.

Scientist,

You really need to be a little more open minded to live up to your moniker, my friend. Constantly throwing out aspersions on every Faith-centered article doesn't sound like the kind of behavior my Science idols teach.

If God exists, and I believe He does, He is the ultimate Scientist, and someday you and I will be wowed by what He has to teach us about Astronomy, Geology, Paleontology, Evolution, etc.

• Brother Dave Livermore, CA
    April 28, 2014 3:17 p.m.

Thank You eastcoastcoug for giving a bigger definition of Science.

Some like to really simplify Reality by saying it's all Religion OR it's all Science.

That is a terrible OVER-simplification of Reality!! Many scientists right there in
    Provo, who were professors at BYU can, and Did reconcile the two fields of learning.
    People like Henry Eyring, Sr., Carl Eyring, Harvey Fletcher, Philo T. Farnsworth, and
    Hugh Nibley are just a few that come to mind.

Not too much in Real life is "all or nothing" in its True dimensions.

"A Scientist" kind of reminds me of the Professor in the recent movie "God's Not Dead".

Thanks again.

PS:I have lived in both Danbury, CT and Provo, Utah.

Both Great Places!!

• Staylikethatforever Lumerton, NC
    April 29, 2014 11:54 p.m.

NO! Put this under....bad idea. Some movies should NEVER be remade and this is one of them.