Ultimate football road trips: Catching the NFL and Cougars, Utes or Aggies in one weekend

Comments

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    April 24, 2014 3:11 p.m.

Two years ago we went to Camp Randall to see USU v Wisconsin
    Last year it was the Coliseum to see USU v USC
    This season we are going to Neyland Stadium to see USU v Tennessee... can't wait!

GO AGGIES!

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    April 24, 2014 3:13 p.m.

also, last year we caught the Rose Bowl and UCLA v New Mexico after USU v USC... long day but two amazing stadiums!

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    April 24, 2014 5:11 p.m.

@Ifel Ofa-sofa

I've been to Neyland stadium several times. I watched Utah play there in '84. Me and my brother were 2 of about 25 Utah fans; out of 92,000. Utah played tough; lost 27-21. Also watched Cal and Notre Dame play there. There's no place quite like it; enjoy!

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    April 25, 2014 8:50 a.m.

@Spokane Ute...

Thanks man. I hear they pack that place for every game and that the capacity is now 106,000. 3rd biggest behind Michigan and Penn State... I hear when they start singing Rocky Top, that place gets rocking!
    So Excited!

• football43 Morgan, UT
    April 25, 2014 9:26 a.m.

Two seasons ago my wonderful wife agreed to go see BYU play Notre Dame on Saturday. Then on Monday we went to Chicago and watched the Lions play the Bears. The Notre Dame experience was unbelievable. The Chicago experience was unbelievably bad. Transportation was non-existent. We ended up walking from downtown to Soldier Field and then back to our hotel. The game was uneventful except for the fans. One Lion fan was dumb enough to show up in his gear. The drunk Chicago fans were unmerciful. At the end of the game the poor guy just wanted to leave the stadium and if not for security he would have got the heck beat out of him. 300 bucks a seat. As good as the BYU/ND experience was, the Lion/Bear game was dreadful.

• Mormon Ute Kaysville, UT
    April 25, 2014 9:30 a.m.

For me it would definitely be the Ute's vs UCLA and Chiefs vs Niners. I've been a Niners fan since 1980's and as a Ute fan I want to see Alex Smith play. That would be a great weekend!

• Oblio Salt Lake City, UT
    April 25, 2014 9:44 a.m.

Weird, I would have thought that there would have been some help or at least acknowledgment about those who might want avoid the Sunday Games- If the Des News isn't going to help me there, where do I turn to? From a Mormon Ute-

• Cougsndawgs West Point , UT
    April 25, 2014 10:17 a.m.

Ifel Of'a-sofa & Spokane Ute:
    I have also been to Neyland Stadium twice to watch my Dawgs. There is nothing like it anywhere else I've been. It doesn't have all the tradition of ND but it is one of the funnest venues to watch CFB. Fans are mostly respectful but when the Vols are rolling and they've got Rocky Top going it is amazing (and a little intimidating if you're rooting for the other side like I was). I've never been to a louder venue...I'd like to visit LSU and Death Valley someday because I've heard it's louder there, but I've never experienced louder than Rocky Top. I don't know if they'll get as thunderous against USU, but you'll have a great time Ifel Ofa...and hopefully the Aggies will work them over!

• Cowboy Dude SAINT GEORGE, UT
    April 25, 2014 10:24 a.m.

Since the Utah home games have sold out for the last nine years and Rice-Eccles prices have skyrocket, we have switched to 2 road games and budget a bowl game. (We went to San Fran with the Y last). We have been to AT&T Stadium (twice), The Coliseum, The Rose Bowl, Huskey Stadium, Notre Dame Stadium (twice) and the Superdome!

The price savings more than pays for the air.

Regarding the Denver game, you can't get a ticket. The season ticket holders buy all the single games first. It's been that way for decades.

• Razzle2 Bluffdale, UT
    April 25, 2014 10:53 a.m.

You don't have to fly between games to see the NFL. Besides, the Utah/Michigan and Green Bay/Detroit games; you can drive to three more:

SEP 6 BYU @ UT Austin SEP 7 drive two hours to Redskins at Houston

OCT 4 Utah @ UCLA Rose Bowl OCT 5 NY Jets at San Diego (You can dream of flying to 49ers/Chiefs but let's get real)

OCT 11 BYU is in Atlanta OCT 12 Bears @ Falcons

• redthunder Ogden, UT
    April 25, 2014 12:10 p.m.

This Ute would talke the alternative trip without hesitation. I've already got my tickets for the Big House. Thanks for the recommendation DesNews; I think I'll see if I can't catch the Detroit/GB games as well.

• Razzle2 Bluffdale, UT
    April 25, 2014 1:06 p.m.

Correction: I didn't realize BYU changed their schedule last month.

Scratch OCT 11 BYU in Atlanta but you can add:

OCT 30 N.O. @ Charlotte NOV 1 drive one hour to BYU at Middle Tennessee, not a game worth traveling to though.

Doesn't matter, the final decision has just been made, she makes that choice and it's Utah home games because we're going to Disney World.

So, thanks DES NEWS I pick the date you planned for us - BYU at CFU and Baltimore @ Tampa!

Now I just have to get my Ute wife to wear blue for a single day.