Utah State basketball: Aggies struggled in 2013-14 after making jump to the Mountain West

Comments

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    April 16, 2014 6:03 p.m.

I sure do hope Stew gets it together for next season. We have a game at Utah and a really good BYU squad coming to the Spectrum. We gotta bring the Spectrum magic back at all costs or we're in trouble!

But hey, we still did better in our first year than any of the other WAC transfers did in their Mountain West debuts, so I suppose it isn't all bad news. Last season wasn't nearly as bad as going 2-27 like some other in-state team I know of...

• 08Stang Southern, UT
    April 16, 2014 7:03 p.m.

I think Stew will put it together. I'm really hoping the best for him and the Aggies next year. Yes, my birds struggled last year but they will do better next year. I'm hoping they go 3-26, but that may be a little wishful thinking.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    April 16, 2014 10:48 p.m.

Sambone,

Usu and suu are good rivals as your comment shows.

The difference between usu and Utah and the PAC 12 is any honest aggie will admit they have felt they were as good as any Mwc team over the past decade in basketball. No aggie would have admitted they would have been at best an average Mwc team, that's why I find the excuse of a bad season on changing conferences so funny

Utah fans have admitted we have had a terrible program for 6-7 year and none of us thought we were as good as most PAC 12 program in the recent past. We are heading the right way but aggies have always felt they were as good as the Mwc

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    April 16, 2014 11:36 p.m.

@08Stang

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Don't you know that? SUU isn't known for basketball. That's not a secret. Sambone you didn't do much better. I love the headline. "Aggies struggled in 2013-14 after making jump to the WAC 2.0". Haha ya think.

• Esquire Springville, UT
    April 17, 2014 8:35 a.m.

Like Utah going to the PAC 12, USU found out that the next level isn't as easy as it looks.

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    April 17, 2014 10:07 a.m.

Richard, what exactly is suu known for?

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    April 17, 2014 1:06 p.m.

Still don't know who Richard is. Can anyone tell who Richard possibly is? Even though you are talking to a guy named Richard I'll answer for him. SUU is becoming known for it's rising football program. Maybe Richard has a different answer though.

• nampaaggie9 nampa, ID
    April 17, 2014 1:58 p.m.

rising football program? you put a player in the nfl and you are rising.......k, that's Richards story, and he is sticking to it.

• lehiaggie Lehi, UT
    April 17, 2014 3:01 p.m.

When USU loses players like Danny, Marcel and Kyle, it makes me very concerned. We have lost some good players lately, and it is worth asking some questions about what is going on with the coaching staff.

Basketball expectations have always been high at USU, and it is difficult to put together a competitive team with this kind of turnover.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    April 17, 2014 3:46 p.m.

We are winning in the premier FCS conference. No that was Stang08's answer. Don't know what Richard would say

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    April 20, 2014 4:07 p.m.

One guy is calling me Richard but won't stand up and tell me where the reference comes from. Another guy on a different site is calling me by my real name but won't stand up and tell me how he knows me. I find the Aggies fan's to be brave until they are confronted. Then what happens? Does anyone know what happens?