Faith

LDS Church invites women to historic meeting through YouTube video

Comments

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    March 26, 2014 11:15 a.m.

Salt Lake, we've got a problem...

• Y-Ask-Y? Provo, UT
    March 26, 2014 11:35 a.m.

As Mary Ellen Edmunds expressed:

14th Article of Faith:

"We believe in meetings - all that have been scheduled, all that are now scheduled, and we believe that there will yet be scheduled many great and important meetings. We have endured many meetings and hope to to be able to endure all meetings. Indeed we may say that if there is a meeting, or anything that resembles a meeting, or anything that we might possibly turn into a meeting, we seek after these things."

• MrMas Tucson, AZ
    March 26, 2014 11:51 a.m.

6pm MDT time, not MST. ;-)

• gittalopctbi Glendale, AZ
    March 26, 2014 6:03 p.m.

This is EXCITING!

• McMurphy St George, Utah
    March 27, 2014 6:53 a.m.

The male leadership throwing a bone to the Sisters.

• daveferr Columbus, OH
    March 27, 2014 7:44 a.m.

I don't get it, why is this historic? Will men be invited? Are women getting the priesthood? If it's because women can now bring their kids (the female ones), I don't see how that's a big deal.

• Brett B Gilbert, AZ
    March 27, 2014 8:34 a.m.

Thank you for highlighting this video. For some reason the church chose to make this "unlisted" on YouTube so you don't find this video by just going to their channel. Our family checks the Mormon channel regularly for new videos! But this one didn't show up.

• caf Bountiful, UT
    March 27, 2014 8:41 a.m.

I am looking forward to attending this meeting at my chapel. I will be interested to see how my ten-year old will handle it. I am also waiting to see if my teen finds it nice or annoying that she will now be expected to attend two meetings a year rather than one.

• The Deuce Livermore, CA
    March 27, 2014 11:54 a.m.

I have to agree with daveferr, Columbus, OH - from the article I do not see where this meeting is historic. I have LDS friends who will attend this meeting, however, I have yet to hear them refer to this as "Historic" in nature. However, I will wait to hear from them what they thought after the meeting.