Utah

Doug Robinson: Giving up everything for love and faith

Comments

• dragonswife Tremtpm, UT
    Feb. 13, 2014 6:40 a.m.

What amazing people to go through so much. Makes me feel like I have been so very blessed being born in this country. I would love to meet them.

• A_Chinese_American Cedar Hills, UT
    Feb. 13, 2014 9:21 a.m.

I hope the best of them. Hold on there, tomorrow will be better.

• teachermom6 Northern Utah, UT
    Feb. 13, 2014 10:35 a.m.

Miriama my dear friend, you have been through so much in your life, but have ALWAYS been such a great example of what faith in Christ can do! You will always be the beautiful African Queen who has found her Prince. Good Luck and warmest regards.

• samhill Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 13, 2014 6:05 p.m.

They are each inspiring and, as a couple, awesome.

As hard as it has been for them to find meaningful and well-paying work, I would bet my bottom dollar you'll never see either of them standing at an intersection with a sign begging for handouts. When the time finally comes that they've outlasted the agonizingly slow induction process by the government, my full expectation is that they will really fly.

• samhill Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 13, 2014 6:10 p.m.

I looked over the article thoroughly to find some reference to a means to help this couple.

Doug, could you please include some information to let us know how we might somehow be able to help support them through this rough patch?

Thanks.

• justinbl Portland, OR
    Feb. 14, 2014 8:50 a.m.

This story is so inspiring! I started to tear up while reading it. I believe they will make it through this rough patch and I truly hope they are both able to become citizens soon.

• LovelyDeseret Gilbert, AZ
    Feb. 14, 2014 1:46 p.m.

While I would never wish these tragedies and hardships on anyone, they do make people stronger. Wonderful story, I pray it continues to have a happy ending.