Faith

Ogden LDS temple to be rededicated in 2014

Comments

• RG Buena Vista, VA
    Jan. 31, 2014 1:34 p.m.

I thought the DN had an "in" with the Church. So I was surprised the Ogden Standard Examiner knew about this before the DN did.

• I know it. I Live it. I Love it. Provo, UT
    Jan. 31, 2014 8:31 p.m.

RG,

The LDS Church owns the DN. However, the DN is targeted to all Utahns and all Americans, even the world really. It's not surprising that a local paper talked about a local topic before a more mainstream paper that has other things to talk about.

• Gildas LOGAN, UT
    Feb. 2, 2014 9:34 a.m.

Wonderful news!!

The Desnews' reporters are not LDS general authorities, though, nor are they of necessity members of "The Church". They seem to speak for themselves alone more often than not, unless on issues of morality. The opinions expressed, whether reported through nationally syndicated columns, or local reporters, are not necessarily the opinions of "The Church" but those of the reporters whether members of "The Church" or not. Check with General Conference and the writing of the prophets if you want the best perspectives.

• Res Novae Ashburn, VA
    Feb. 2, 2014 12:23 p.m.

Not being from Utah, I don't understand the need to so completely redo the temple. What was the reason given ( other than it and the Provo temple are cookie cutters from an odd design)?

• Way of the Warrior Arlington, WA
    Feb. 2, 2014 10:12 p.m.

I so badly wish the church would do a face life like this to the Seattle Temple. First Presidency, if, by some super slim chance you read these comments, PLEASE consider giving the Seattle Temple a much needed face lift. Thanks.

• templehopper Layton, UT
    March 1, 2014 12:44 a.m.

Can anyone tell me if this temple has any chance of being dedicated before the end or middle of august? My girlfriend and I want to get married around this time before school starts. Or do you know when or where I can find this information? I really would like to know!! Thank you.