Utah

Murray's mayor Dan Snarr hardly looks or acts the part of a politician

Comments

• DN Subscriber Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Dec. 25, 2013 8:00 p.m.

A good man, and an honest man. Willing to put his money and muscle where his mouth is.
    We could do a lot worse on the County Council, or in the Legislature.

• El Presidente Bluff, UT
    Dec. 25, 2013 10:25 p.m.

Murray will be much better served by someone less concerned with their own facial hair.

• MapleDon Springville, UT
    Dec. 25, 2013 11:02 p.m.

My gosh, hang some ornaments and icicles on the man's handlebars. Can we at least be honest and state that he looks silly?

• morpunkt Glendora, CA
    Dec. 26, 2013 7:55 a.m.

Snarr for president!

• Mike in Sandy Sandy, UT
    Dec. 26, 2013 8:12 a.m.

Dan once told me, as he was discussing how things work at City Hall:
    "No matter what you do, half the people will like it, the other half won't, so you just have to do the best you can."

A good and decent man...

• pleblian salt lake city, utah
    Dec. 26, 2013 11:50 a.m.

I had dealings with this man. Struck me as authentic, brash and good natured.

I imagine he was a good mayor to work for and with. Whomever deserves credit, Murray certainly has experienced an uplift in appearance and presence over the past decade.

Best wishes to him going forward.

• Shalone TAYLORSVILLE, UT
    Dec. 29, 2013 5:34 p.m.

I have had the pleasure of working for Dan in his landscaping business. He is probably the best boss I ever had. Never known any one that cared and worked as hard as he does. He was a good friend and neighbor. No doubt about it, he has made Murray a better place to live. I find it very interesting that people would rely more on his looks than what kind of person his is, and for all the wonderful things he has done for Murray. If you look back at many of the previous Murray Mayors, many of them had the same type of mustache, so he was only carrying on tradition. I think it is saying something that he was able to be elected to be Mayor for 4 terms. It is too bad he didn't run for another term, he probably would have won again. We need more elected officials like him.

• slcmcguire Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 7, 2014 2:38 a.m.

Interesting guy butapparently he carries poison with him all the time and acts on a compulsion to poison what he consideres to be "weeds" even without notifying property owners or getting their permission. This is reckless and wrong.