Utah

System failure to blame for delayed Saturday newspapers from Deseret News, Tribune, Daily Herald

Sunday papers aim to be on time

Comments

• grj Bountiful, ut
    Dec. 7, 2013 6:39 p.m.

There are still people who read newspapers that are actually delivered to their homes? Weird.

• jevo ,
    Dec. 7, 2013 8:14 p.m.

When will out Saturday paper be delivered? Better late than never!

• CARL South Salt Lake, UT
    Dec. 7, 2013 8:47 p.m.

Church News will coming along with Sunday paper, am I right? It is now 8:47pm and still have not received yet.

• Rayljohn SUGAR LAND, TX
    Dec. 8, 2013 8:24 a.m.

It is 8:30 am in Cottonwood Heights and not only have I not received my Sunday paper, I still haven't received.my Saturday paper. Don't blame the snow. Everybody else is traveling around.

• lorine Kearns, UT
    Dec. 8, 2013 8:27 a.m.

I did not receive Saturday's paper at all & it's 8:25 am on Sunday & I have not recieved Sunday's paper either.

• lorine Kearns, UT
    Dec. 8, 2013 8:33 a.m.

Why isn't anyone answering the phones at the Deseret News. I have called both circulation numbers & either get a busy signal or a message saying that my call can't go thru at this time. Please send out something to let your subscribers know what is going on.

• abualo1 Riverdale, UT
    Dec. 8, 2013 8:54 a.m.

Thank heaven I am not a paer boy any more! That I do not take papers to the carriers etc.
    It would have been nice if I could have known there was a problem yesterday!

• afuzzy1too American Fork, UT
    Dec. 8, 2013 9:24 a.m.

Just called the subscription line and left a message.No paper for two days.So I tried online and found the problem.Machines break I hope it won't take long...I miss my Pickles comics!!!
    Thanks for the great job the whole bunch of you guys do.Hang in there and and try to have more patience.

• Mr. Bean Phoenix, AZ
    Dec. 9, 2013 4:11 p.m.

@lorine:
    "Why isn't anyone answering the phones at the Deseret News."

Nobody there works on Saturday.

And if you call for a missed delivery, you get some foreigner with a strange accent you can hardly understand. Somebody in the Philippines or Indra, seems. Shame on DNews for moving jobs overseas rather than keeping them home for the millions of employed Americans.

And another thing... the call for missed delivery must be made before 9 am (weekdays) or you won't get the paper until the next day. What's with that? Some of us (who work odd hours) aren't even awake at 9am.