High school sports: Jeff Reeves has been the man behind the mic at UHSAA events for nearly 2 decades

Comments

• nos Clearfield, UT
    Nov. 23, 2013 7:06 p.m.

This guy is the best. He really does what he says and comes prepared. Ultimate professional. I always enjoy hearing his voice at the state wrestling meet. Hope we get many more years out of him.

• BridgerK American Fork, UT
    Nov. 24, 2013 12:38 a.m.

Jeff is the best I've ever heard. His timing is perfect. He makes going to the state tournaments a blast. I recall first hearing him when East and Murray met in the 4a state finals in basketball. The Johnsen Brothers.

• Amorphous Draper, UT
    Nov. 24, 2013 9:16 a.m.

If the corresponding TV people who just did the Desert Hills/Pine View game had put in a fraction of the time that Jeff does, so many of the names that are now forever chronicled on video for these kids, their kids, grandkids and so on might enjoy, would have at least been correctly pronounced...over and over again!
    Yes, it is part of the ambiance, the "We've arrived" atmosphere when you first hear Jeff's voice every year at RES. It resonates throughout the entire stadium and adds such a professional feel to entire experience. I was just mentioning to my son while we sat and watched the Juan Diego/Pine View game how Jeff's voice brings back that same old feeling again.
    Thanks for drawing attention to it!

• UteROCK1 Riverton, UT
    Nov. 26, 2013 1:11 p.m.

Jeff's voice takes me back to a time and place during my high school tourney games. Interesting that he started back in 1993 which was my senior year and his voice is overheard on our basketball teams highlight video from that season (Yes - VHS). It is always a joy to go to State Tournament games at Utah & Webeer State and hear his voice where you fill like you have arrived for exciting times. Brings back memories and excitement for tournament play. Great Job Jeff and thanks for putting in the time.

• Unbelievable West Jordan, Utah
    Nov. 27, 2013 11:55 a.m.

I'll take the guy who calls Copper Hills Gizzly games over anyone. I find myself going to the games to listen to his call, rather than the basketball itself.

Check his efforts out sometime. He's really good!

• Prep Fan 89 Draper, UT
    Nov. 30, 2013 9:49 a.m.

Both Jeff Reeves and the Copper Hills guys do a fantastic job. However Jeff has been around so long that he deserves the accolades in this article. Keep up the great work!