Brad Rock: Ute Wilson will meet this challenge straight on, too

Comments

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 18, 2013 4:16 p.m.

Don't count the guy out yet. Sooner or later, I have a hunch we see him back on the field leading Utah to Pac 12 glory. If he can't due to health, we certainly support him. But just seeing how much of a fighter he is, my guess and hope is that we haven't seen the last of him on the field.

Go UTES

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    Nov. 18, 2013 5:38 p.m.

@Chris B
    I agree. Travis has heart and if his health won't sustain a football career he'll find success and respect somewhere else.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Nov. 18, 2013 6:10 p.m.

Rock, didn't you just write an article saying both Wilson and Whit need to go?

• Sports Are Great Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 18, 2013 6:31 p.m.

Ernest, where in the article does rock suggest whit and Wilson should be the coach and qb, respectively? I don't even know if rock wrote what you claim he did, and even if he did, where does he now go back on those claims? He writes that Wilson has some great traits that will aid him in his future. That's not the same as saying he is absolutely the best qb for the job. And I certainly didn't see in the article saying whit is for sure the best coach for the job.

Best of luck to Wilson. And also to those trying to understand what rock wrote.

• IFIUTE Berryville, VA
    Nov. 18, 2013 6:39 p.m.

Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Rock, didn't you just write an article saying both Wilson and Whit need to go?

That was definitely not Rock, or any other full time DesNews writer. It was a blogger who got a little full of himself and thought it was ok to ape some of the snark that has become the standard for cool in sports "journalism" wannabes.

• Brad Rock
    Nov. 19, 2013 12:20 a.m.

It's true, the article was composed by a contributing writer, not me or any other full time staffer.. Thanks, IFIUTE, for clarifying.

• Brad Rock
    Nov. 19, 2013 12:32 a.m.

It's true, I didn't write the article. It was done by an outside online contributor.

• Brad Rock
    Nov. 19, 2013 6:23 a.m.

Thanks, IFIUTE, you're correct. The article was written by an online contributor,not a full-time staffer. Nor was it edited by Deseret News sports editor Kent Condon, but by an online content manager.

• altahoops Provo, UT
    Nov. 19, 2013 10:52 a.m.

Hmmm.. Brad Rock must have trouble getting his comments past the screeners too. :)

• golfrUte SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Nov. 19, 2013 11:24 a.m.

My previous comment wasn't posted by the Des News.

Rhett Wilkinson wrote the article in question. He is not employed by the DesNews but is an online contributor.

• Qwest Perfected Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 19, 2013 11:51 a.m.

That is a scary situation for sure. I wish Travis all the best in his recovery, whether he sees the football field or not any type of head injury is a serious matter.

Good luck Travis and Go Utes!

• SEC Rules Seminole, FL
    Nov. 19, 2013 3:40 p.m.

Win it on Saturday for Travis.

• BYUSU Wellsville, UT
    Nov. 19, 2013 6:02 p.m.

I hope Travis can come back and become a great quarterback for Utah. Best Wishes for a full recovery.
    Of course coming from me it might not help. I wanted the same thing for Jake Heaps.

• GilmerTexasCougar Gilmer, TX
    Nov. 19, 2013 8:37 p.m.

In the game against BYU Travis Wilson showed the potential to be a great quarterback. You couldn't help but think Heisman Trophy in a couple of years as a real possibility. It's too bad he now has these problems. I wish him well.

• Howard S. Taylorsville, UT
    Nov. 20, 2013 7:10 a.m.

Nice to read positive comments from Rock about Utah football... as opposed to his typical criticism and snark.