Quantcast
Utah

Children sickened in carbon monoxide leak in southern Utah

Comments

Return To Article
  • codger Southwest Utah, UT
    Nov. 18, 2013 11:53 a.m.

    Scary situation, but in the story, carbon monoxide is CO, not CO2, right?

  • Ironmomo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 18, 2013 12:37 p.m.

    You would think a school district could invest in a few CO sensors for it's schools to provide some type of detection and alarm.

  • Why would I? Farmington, UT
    Nov. 18, 2013 4:31 p.m.

    Why would I be surprised to find that the State or Local Fire Marshal did an annual inspection and discovered the venting problem, assuming that's what it was that produced the problem.

    We complain about the costs of schools, yet we don't think they need inspections for such mundane issues as properly vented gas fired appliances. All we scream about is large class sizes and low teacher pay. Wait until the big earthquake hits and see how many of these buildings throughout our State fold (collapse) like wet toilet paper.