4A high school football preview: Woods Cross vs. Timpview

Comments

• slcftball Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 12, 2013 7:21 p.m.

The past doesn't mean anything...but maybe the Cats have an extra incentive to beat the Tbirds seeing as how Timpview ended WX seasons easily the last two years....

They should be familiar with each other, but can't go against TView.

Tbirds 34-21.

Good luck to both teams. It's an honor to make it to the turf!

• just sayin' Woods Cross, UT
    Nov. 12, 2013 11:53 p.m.

This should be close in the first half, but I see my CATS pulling away in the second half. TV is good, although this is our best 'TEAM' in the last 3 years. No disrespect to the champs but I wouldn't call this an upset. GO WX!!! GO CATS!!!

• podunk utah DRAPER, UT
    Nov. 13, 2013 9:20 a.m.

Timpview wins... but I think it will be a very competitive game

• BoSox4 St. George, UT
    Nov. 13, 2013 11:52 a.m.

As a WX fan and alum I think WX needs to play a perfect game and a lot better than they did last week against Salem Hills to beat Timpview. Even then I question if that would be enough. I would love to see my Cats in the Championship game for the first time in over 20 years. Go Cats! Good Luck

• SportsFan101 Bountiful, UT
    Nov. 13, 2013 2:13 p.m.

Goo Cats! A couple things. Nobody in the program is dumb enough to think WX will "pull away" from Timp. They are much too good of program for that. As for all the predictions of Timp scoring in the 40s, I simply don't see that happening. People aren't catching on to just how good the Cats D is. Unfortunately, I'm sure the opposing coaches have! Gonna take close to a perfect game, but what do you have If ya dont have hope! Go Cats!! May the officiating be fair and may there be no injuries in either side. Hard huts with helping hands after. Pumped for the game.

• CBAX Provo, UT
    Nov. 14, 2013 10:14 a.m.

I see timpview by ten.

• mab93 Provo, UT
    Nov. 14, 2013 12:48 p.m.

This will be a great match up. I think Woods Cross will be the toughest opponent Timpview has faced this season. They defiantly can't sleep on them. I have loved seeing Woods Cross put the work in to develop into a top 4A team. Great players, great coaches and great fans. I hope the pattern of the last couple years continues (facing Timpview one game farther in the playoffs) and we see you next year in the championship game. I have Timpview winning, but having to play hard down the stretch, but anything can happen in the playoffs. Go T-birds.