2014 NBA Draft Tracker: Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins are the real deal

Comments

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 11, 2013 11:12 a.m.

And to think, Jabari could have been gearing up for a run at second place in the WCC, playing against the likes of Pepperdine, Santa Clara, Portland, and San Francisco.

Instead he's at Duke being coached by one of the best coaches ever, playing for one of the best programs ever, playing against the best teams in the nation, and has some of the best teammates in the nation.

For the life of me I can't understand his reasoning.

• Malihini Northern, UT
    Nov. 11, 2013 11:38 a.m.

@ChrisB

Chris, the die-hard ute fan, are you commenting about college basketball?
    I wasn't sure if the u still had a program up there.

• souptwins Lindon, UT
    Nov. 11, 2013 11:42 a.m.

Pretty pathetic to think Jazz fans could already be jockeying for a lottery draft pick. Come on. Have some pride! It's only a couple weeks into the season.

• The Jimmer Okemos, MI
    Nov. 11, 2013 1:07 p.m.

It's waaaaaaaay too early to be writing this, and, besides, using a lottery means that even if the Jazz continue to tank they could end up with a worse pick than one might predict.

• esodije ALBUQUERQUE, NM
    Nov. 11, 2013 1:25 p.m.

Duke was a good choice for someone with NBA aspirations. A "one and done" player like Parker wouldn't help BYU much, anyway, as it needs four-year players to build around. Not all of Duke's recruits pan out (cf. Chris Burgess), but there's no question Parker will--for the one year he'll be there, anyway.

• themick.2013 Roosevelt, UT
    Nov. 11, 2013 3:16 p.m.

I wonder if they will win a game this month

• Chris from Rose Park Hartford, CT
    Nov. 11, 2013 4:42 p.m.

@Chris B

Interesting that you can't figure his reasoning. All of the BYU fans I know can. :) The reasons you pointed out are why no BYU fan I know is mad about his decision. He was a fun player to watch last Friday.

• Black Shirts Mckinney, TX
    Nov. 11, 2013 7:26 p.m.

With the number 1 pick in the 2014 draft the UTAH JAZZ select Jabari Parker!!!!!

Finally another HOF player. Yes I said it and I'll remind you in 30 years. :)

• What in Tucket? Provo, UT
    Nov. 12, 2013 9:20 a.m.

BYU would likely take the WCC title with Jabari. As it is they seem to have a pretty good team. I am continually amazed at the childish responses in these blogs.

• DEW Sandy, UT
    Nov. 12, 2013 9:47 a.m.

Come on JAZZ keep on losing so Sactown doesn't get Jabari. Oh yeah, nba just started and this lottery pick is not autimatic for jazz to be first in line. You know what I mean DN Spots Staff!

FREE JIMMER!!!