5A high school football preview: Pleasant Grove at Jordan

Vikings have revenge in mind after falling to Beetdiggers in last year's playoffs

Comments

• JDigger24 Sandy, UT
    Nov. 7, 2013 3:24 p.m.

Jordan wins 63-49

• Prep Fan 89 Draper, UT
    Nov. 7, 2013 4:53 p.m.

Jordan will lead by at least 21 in the 2nd quarter and will cost to a 4 touchdown victory.

Jordan 48, Pleasant Grove 21

Jordan will continue their tradition of missing extra points by missing at least one.

• tharef Riverton, UT
    Nov. 7, 2013 5:30 p.m.

Lol Prep Fan. It does happen like that doesen't it. Dood I just hope Moss has a huge game. Take some pressure off Austin. I wouldn't be uprised if Jordan drops another 50 on these guys. I think jordan is peaking at the right time, but with just a little sureity. The next round is going to be awesome if Jordan gets there. Go Diggers!

• JDigger24 Sandy, UT
    Nov. 8, 2013 8:19 a.m.

8 hours till kickoff!!! Moss taking pressure off Austin? How bout the defense takes a little pressure off the offense and shuts down PG.

• tharef Riverton, UT
    Nov. 8, 2013 9:50 a.m.

With a game like this I know Jordan can score in bunches. But I think this just might be the game where Jordan has to use a little more clock than they're used to. PG can score and don't be suprised if thats what Hamilton does just to keep our O off the field. Like I said in another post I think this is going to be a chess match between Hamilton and Kjar.

• binghamalum South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 8, 2013 10:43 a.m.

this will be a good game!

this and the brighton herriman game are the two to watch today!

• Gunner South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 8, 2013 11:20 a.m.

This will be a good game. I would go with Jordan if I hadn't seen 3 different games how bad their defense is. I don't doubt Jordan can put up plenty of points. My problem is I don't think they can stop PG from putting up points. I have to give the defensive edge to PG by a long shot. I see this being a very high scoring games. If there was an over/under on this game, I'd go plus 75-80. I think PG maybe makes just enough stops to pull this one out. But that's why they play the games!

• Digs Dickshooter, ID
    Nov. 8, 2013 11:55 a.m.

I've heard it all now Gunner thinks PG is a defensive juggernaut. I looked up head to head games between region 3 and region 4 that has taken place this year. I like the Diggers chances!

• JDigger24 Sandy, UT
    Nov. 8, 2013 12:16 p.m.

I KNOW Jordan pulls out a win tonight. Maybe close but I even doubt that. Austin just don't loose to teams like PG at home!

• Tenn12 Orem, UT
    Nov. 8, 2013 1:15 p.m.

Pleasant Grove can play with Jordan. I understand Jordan's the favorite but I'd be very surprised if Jordan blows them out. I expect a close game and wouldn't be surprised to see the upset by PG today.

• Gunner South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 8, 2013 2:03 p.m.

Digs: Did I say PG was a defensive power? I said I see it being a close game. But if you want to compare Jordan's defense to another team, you better look at a little league team. I've seen more defenses on a pee wee team than what Jordan has shown. I still think PG gets enough stops to be the difference. Both teams will score some points. But Jordan's defense has proven it can't stop anybody! Saying PG has a better defense by a long shot doesn't mean they are a "defensive juggernaut". It just says how bad the D at Jordan is!

• eagle Provo, UT
    Nov. 8, 2013 11:50 p.m.

Two words to explain this victory for Jordan: Kafentzis, Moss.