Utah State football: Freshman quarterback Darrell Garretson leads Aggies to dominant win over Hawaii

Comments

• Ifel Of'a-sofa Alpine, Utah
    Nov. 2, 2013 6:34 p.m.

Great win Aggies... Garretson is looking solid!

• toosmartforyou Farmington, UT
    Nov. 2, 2013 7:00 p.m.

Congratulations. This would look more impressive if: 1) Hawaii could win a game on the mainland, and 2) This year Hawaii could win a game anywhere. But I'm happy for the Aggies. Keep rolling!

• tinplater scottsdale, AZ
    Nov. 2, 2013 8:31 p.m.

Fackrell's interception was an amazing athletic fete. And it was made possible by the touchdown saving tackle by DG (during the Hawaii interception run) at the three yard line. Hawaii went from what looked to be a certain touchdown, to a 14 point swing in the blink of an eye. Should be on Sports Center tomorrow….

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Nov. 2, 2013 11:42 p.m.

It was a fun game to attend today. Amazingly warm on the East side and the Aggies burned it up on the field for most of the game. USU did struggle at times with defending the pass. The freshman quarterback did a great job. I don't see any reason why the Aggies will not end the season 8 and 4.

• Northern Logan, UT
    Nov. 3, 2013 8:42 a.m.

USC gave up more points than than USU did. BCS ranked Fresno let them score 37 only beating them by a TD. I'd say pretty impressive. Aggies future looks bright.

• Sambonethegreat Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 3, 2013 10:01 a.m.

Garretson had the statistically best game ever as a true freshman at Utah State. 370 yards and three touchdowns is amazing for someone like that!

I'm getting quite comfortable with him as our quarterback. We should win the last three games of the season without too much of a problem.

• RSLfanalways West Valley, UT
    Nov. 4, 2013 11:14 a.m.

When Chuckie got hurt the Vultures came out, but since USU has started to gain momentum where are the Vultures. Stangy

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Nov. 4, 2013 12:52 p.m.

The silence is deafening!

• Aggie84 Idaho Falls, ID
    Nov. 4, 2013 10:42 p.m.

Stang, didn't you tell us all that the Aggies were not going to go bowling? One more win and we are there. Also, the invite to come to the last two games is still available It will be PATHETIC if you don't take me up with this offer.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Nov. 6, 2013 12:00 p.m.

Look at your schedule. It's not hard to win when you play in the WAC 2.0 is it? Again I have better thinks to do. It's not that I don't want to. But I have better things to do.

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Nov. 6, 2013 11:55 p.m.

Things! Sorry about that.

• Mars_ Logan, UT
    Nov. 7, 2013 8:16 a.m.

I was right in the southwest corner of the endzone. I got on TV during after the Wyatt Houston TD (how do you let a 6'5" 240LB tight end get that open??) and I had a GREAT view of Kyler's pick 6. Great game.

Aggies, baby. Aggies.

• Aggie238 Logan, UT
    Nov. 7, 2013 11:48 a.m.

Yeah, Stang, it's also not hard to win when you play Northern Colorado and Fort Lewis (whose biggest accomplishment this year was collaborating with a local ice cream shop to make apple ice cream). I think it's funny that an SUU (SOS #147) fan would attempt to pull the SOS card on Utah State (SOS #65).

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Nov. 7, 2013 1:48 p.m.

Glad you show your true T=Bird colors Aggie238. We are having a great season against some great teams. Weather they are great in your eye's or not is irrelevent. Hey neither one of us are in the top 25. But SUU is winning against some quality competition and USU is losing against the big boys. Don't brad about being 65 when you've lost to some top 25 teams.

• Aggie238 Logan, UT
    Nov. 7, 2013 3:57 p.m.

If, by "winning against quality competition" and "having a great season against great teams," you mean playing exactly two FCS teams with a winning record so far, and beating only one of them in a squeaker, not to mention losing by 38 to lowly Washington State...

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Nov. 7, 2013 6:32 p.m.

Dumb spell check. It was supposed to say brag. Hey a win is a win is a win and we are winning. Last I checked Washington State was better than you. If you had the choice between the Pac12 and the WAC 2.0 and you weren't an aggie, which would you go for? SUU is winning. If memory serves me right and it usually does, you haven't beaten a ranked team. All of your wins have come against unranked WAC 2.0 schools. You lost to Utah, BYU, Boise, and USC. USC being the highest ranked team. Keep throwing statistics at me. I'll just throw them right back. I know Utah and BYU aren't ranked. I'm just trying to prove a point and I did.