Dick Harmon: BYU's Hill rising to have a special season

Comments

• BeSmart Cheyenne, WY
    Oct. 21, 2013 3:32 p.m.

He is right they have got to find a way to keep Hill from getting hit so much. He is a great qb.

• Chris from Rose Park Hartford, CT
    Oct. 21, 2013 3:41 p.m.

I love watching him play. Now that he has his accuracy back on passing, there is big play potential every single play, whether on the ground or in the air. I've enjoyed the major story lines of this year. Hill's emergence as a leader and offensive threat, Hoffman breaking records previously held by BYU's recent greats, and Van Noy dominating on D in a way I have never seen before in my BYU watching history. I'm excited for the second half of the season.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 21, 2013 3:51 p.m.

I could be wrong, but my guess is that list would be exactly zero names long.

I think Taysom is an average at best QB who has the ability to beat some average teams, but its unlikely he'll ever beat a top 10 team in his career, as Travis Wilson has already done.

But we will see, best of luck in the future.

• RockOn Spanish Fork, UT
    Oct. 21, 2013 3:52 p.m.

We were at the game and watched Hill on the sidelines, going to the huddle, between plays and then plays and what jumped out at us was the coming of age of this guy's determination to win. He stokes everyone but then has the skills to outclass a VERY fast Houston team and then pick them apart when he has even a modicum of time to set up. Houston was a better coached, faster and tougher team than any BYU has played to date. Impressive performance by Hill.

• LEDSFW Las Vegas, NV
    Oct. 21, 2013 3:57 p.m.

Imagine how good he'll be when he finds the courage to check out of the wrong play against certain formations. In seven of his eight sacks he held the ball for more than 5 seconds. In all eight cases he should have seen that his opponent had put a stack 8 defense around the ball and LOS, a clear indicator that a deep drop or roll-out play is not likely to work. When facing such defenses, the right choice is to drop three and hit a quick sit-down, flare or short X-ing route in the seem zones. Hill was sacked because he did NOT change those plays and he expected far more of his O-Line than any 5 men can provide over 6-7 second time frames. Hill will see this in film. FANS may be blaming the O-Line but the coaching staff knows Hill was his own worst enemy on 7 of 8 take downs. That he still ran for 128 yards is a testament to just how great he's going to be when he decides to run the game from HIS position and allows Anae to provided management, not dictation!

• Mountanman Hayden, ID
    Oct. 21, 2013 4:13 p.m.

It has taken Taysom Hill a few games to hit his stride but he certainly has and the sky is the limit for him if he can avoid injury. He is exciting to watch. 417 yards passing and over 100 yards rushing in the Houston game and this against a previously undefeated defense.

• BeSmart Cheyenne, WY
    Oct. 21, 2013 4:56 p.m.

It is interesting to me that two articles came on the same time one BYU one UTAH and the BYU articles has 6 times the comments
    just something interesting I found
    ESPN QBR
    Wilson Pass 16.3 Run 16.6
    Hill 10.8 Run 37.3 but lost over 16 points because of sacks. heres to hoping they can improve on the sacks.

• eastcoastcoug Danbury, CT
    Oct. 21, 2013 5:08 p.m.

Chris,

As usual you have such a weird post...Wilson has beaten exactly 1 top 10 team. One as in one more than zero. I'm happy for him but that isn't a big deal. Be happy for Taysom that he has come from worst to number 8 in the entire country. Be even happier he didn't catch on before he played your team. And he is only a Sophomore.

• 1978 Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 21, 2013 5:19 p.m.

@Chris B

The answer to your first question is none. From my perspective that makes the last four weeks that much more impressive. It is called "progress". As a die hard Utah fan be thankful you didn't catch Hill when he hit his stride.

Also for the record Hill had some of his best games against teams with the following NCAA defensive ranks:

Georgia Tech #13
    Utah State #22

On the other hand although Stanford was ranked #5 their defense is ranked #34.

If Travis Wilson can play (which I hope he can because he seems like a great kid) let's see how he does against USC #16 or Arizona State #23.

• idablu Idaho Falls, ID
    Oct. 21, 2013 5:19 p.m.

The problem, LEDSFW, that by running 115 plays, Taysom is constantly being pushed to get the ball snapped. With the pressure to get the play going, he doesn't have time to read the defense. In the first half of the Georgia Tech game, he was given some slack to read the defenses and he ended up audibling out of the called play about "60% of the time" (Hill's words). We saw the productive results. In the second half the coach pulled in the reins and didn't allow him to audible out. We saw those results, too--not a single 1st down in the 2nd half. If Hill is allowed to learn to read and audible to certain defenses, he will be very dangerous indeed. Jim McMahon, Ty Detmer, and Kellen Moore of Boise State were absolute masters of reading defenses. If Hill can get that part of the game mastered, he'll have a better chance of maintaining his health and emerge to be a top NFL prospect. Everyone can see the enormous potential in this guy.

• CWEB Orem, UT
    Oct. 21, 2013 5:38 p.m.

Chris B...about your typo...Travis Wilson "is" done... Just thought I'd correct you.

Taysom will go on with an NFL career.

Advice for Anae...give Olsen some time at QB against Boise...that way Taysom gets a little recovery time...and the team gets some reps for another very good quarterback. He can take a few hits...

Taysom...thoroughly enjoyed that performance!

• Tom in CA Vallejo, CA
    Oct. 21, 2013 5:56 p.m.

"Houston was a better coached, faster and tougher team than any BYU has played to date" - and this includes the mighty trotting utes who lost to an average Arizona team last Saturday which shows that the Stanford win was indeed an anomaly.

Taysom Hill's performance last Saturday was outstanding.

• idaho cougar fan Twin Falls, ID
    Oct. 21, 2013 6:32 p.m.

Taysom has great potential and if his mental capacity (he is a very bright kid) catches up to his physical ability, he might be one of the best QB's in the nation next year. Excited to see what he can do.

• OhioCougar Madison, Ohio
    Oct. 21, 2013 6:46 p.m.

I realize it's dangerous for Hill to rush so much, but it is so fun to watch him run. He's so fast. I hope he continues to improve, stays healthy and goes down in history as one of our great quarterbacks.

• kaysvillecougar KAYSVILLE, UT
    Oct. 21, 2013 6:48 p.m.

Great post 1978. You are like the many U fans I know who are good people who don't always try to stir the pot. Hopefully more can "call out" the extremes from their own side who make childish comments - and they do come from both sides. As a cougar fan, it's exciting to see the offense improving. There will be more bumps in the road with Hill at the helm, but he has turned a corner and the future looks really bright. I see this offense continuing to improve this year and the next two. Great observations by LEDSFW. Much of that comes from a lack of experience. The only qb we've ever seen this good in his soph. yr. was Ty Detmer. His vision of the field was amazing. Hill's will improve with time/experience/film review. Go Cougars!

• wer South Jordan, UT
    Oct. 21, 2013 9:34 p.m.

All the plaudits are certainly deserved.

What has been overlooked in all this are the coaching decisions that put Hill in as much risk, if not more so, than what happened to him last year. in 2012, the game was effectively over, and instead of taking a knee, the play called for Hill to run the ball. His knee was hit, his year was over, and at least one coach lost their job over it.

Two days ago, exact same circumstances, and he was called to run the ball three times.

The loss of any 3-4 players this year has hurt the team to one degree or another. Losing Hill, especially on a ludicrous call, would be devastating.

• AKFan JUNEAU, AK
    Oct. 21, 2013 9:38 p.m.

Frankly, I couldn't care less what Hill's efficiency rating was during those first three games. The offensive line was a musical chairs merry go round and two games were played around hurricanes. What matters is how Hill is playing NOW. And every list I have seen has him way ahead of any QB currently playing for any other D1 team on Utah. I am excited to see Hill continue to grow and mature during this season and witness the full potential over the next two years. He's fast, strong, smart, and he motivates his team. Not since Detmer, Young or McMahon, have I sensed this kind of will to win from such a young QB. If he stays healthy, Hill stands to rewrite the rushing stats for BYU QB's and make a real dent in some passing records as well.

• souptwins Lindon, UT
    Oct. 21, 2013 10:30 p.m.

idablu--- I hadn't heard what Hill said about the 60%. I did notice the slower pace and audibles in the GT game but didn't realize it was so often. Max Hall also changed the plays A LOT on his own and essential formed the offense scheme on the fly. I think Hill is at least as smart as Hall and probably has better raw talent as an athlete. Hopefully he'll get to the point where Anae can trust him to make those reads himself all the time.

• TroyTown Anaheim, CA
    Oct. 21, 2013 10:49 p.m.

Chris B

"I would sincerely like to see a list of other "great" QB's who at one point in the season had the worst passer rating in the entire country."

Just because something hasn't been done before, doesn't mean it can't happen.

The Utes have NEVER had a QB even come close to matching that accomplishment.

In his last four games, Taysom's passing efficiency ratings have been 141.4, 155.7, 158.5 and 161.9, all higher than Travis Wilson's season average of 140.2.

And let's not forget that Travis's season average is skewed by his 242.5 rating versus Weber State.

• Y Grad / Y Dad Richland, WA
    Oct. 21, 2013 10:53 p.m.

wer
    South Jordan, UT

I gotta call you out again. And if you keep saying the same wrong thing, I'll keep correcting you.

The circumstances were not identical. Against Utah State, they COULD have run out the clock, but due to mistake, miscommunication, whatever, a running play was called and a season ended.

Against Houston, they COULD NOT have run out the clock. Houston had the time outs to get the ball back. Would YOU have willingly given Houston back the ball with any amount of time left? We needed the first down, and nobody who was available had any proven ability to get it - except Taysom. And he did it.

Chris, it's been said, but bears repeating. Name ANY quarterback who at one time had the worst efficiency rating in the country and is now in the top 10 total offense? Top 10 total offense. Travis is a good quarterback, don't drag him down with your silly rants. Top 10, Chris. Top 10. I'm not sure any quarterback has ever grown and matured like that in one season. Chris, top 10.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Oct. 22, 2013 1:51 a.m.

Georgia Tech 56
    Syracuse 0

Texas 38
    Oklahoma 20

Both Texas, and Georgia get crushed by BYU, and Houston's winning streak comes to an end.

• gdog3finally West Jordan, Utah
    Oct. 22, 2013 2:10 a.m.

Everyone knew Taysom Hill was a freak athlete before he turned around his game with the help of Anae getting more out of his whole offense, but can anyone remember a larger transformation of a player anywhere?

• gdog3finally West Jordan, Utah
    Oct. 22, 2013 2:20 a.m.

Come on Chris B.

Even as a Ute fan, you have got to see the major weapon that Hill has become. We will see how he does in South Bend and Camp Randall soon enough though.

• Cletus from Coalville Coalville, UT
    Oct. 22, 2013 6:35 a.m.

Travis wilson is the most awsome than hill because we won stanford in a bcs confrence and hill will never beat a top 10 team in his career because he isn't in a bcs confrence like us and that makes us the most awsome. Go utes!

• Uncle Rico Sandy, UT
    Oct. 22, 2013 7:16 a.m.

Taysom may have a special season next year, the first 3 games he played this year were nowhere near special. Headline should just read : Taysome Getting Better". Dick getting ahead of himself again.

• Wiscougarfan River Falls, WI
    Oct. 22, 2013 7:57 a.m.

I think Chris B. brings up a really good point. Who was our last quarterback to throw at an incredibly low completion rate during his sophomore season?

I'll give you a hint... two years later he broke the NCAA record for highest completion rate (71.4%), as well as seven other collegiate records. He finished second in the Heisman voting, won the Davey O'Brien award, was consensus all-american and went on to become one of the best professional quarterbacks of all-time.

What is the difference between Hill and Young? Well, we won't know for a while but Hill's improvement has definitely come a lot quicker than Young's. Go Cougs!

• BYU Joe MISSION VIEJO, CA
    Oct. 22, 2013 8:37 a.m.

Oh how I wish for a Bowl match up with Utah - Yep they won the game and that is that but I would take that game in a second and cover the line whatever it was. BYU will draw USC and Utah will enjoy all the bowl games from the comfort of their dorm rooms.

But the good news in SLC is that they won the Big game and beat Stanford so they can live on that for the next few years.

Oh and Wilson is a good man and QB and I wish him well. As for Mr. Hill if he can stay healthy and continue to grow he will be special indeed.

• JP Chandler, AZ
    Oct. 22, 2013 8:42 a.m.

Did anyone else see the cleat marks on Taysom's leg (while on the sideline) during the Houston game? He must have gotten stomped. I thought he was done moving around after that, but he came out and ran on the very next play. Tough kid.

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    Oct. 22, 2013 8:48 a.m.

Three games into the season, I was one of those who thought that Hill was destined to be a great runner, but would never have the arm that would take BYU to greatness. Today, I stand corrected. Hill has already passed Young's total rushing yards with 2 1/2 seasons still to play. I don't think Hill will ever reach the passing yards of Detmer, but his passing game is now respectable and will continue to improve. Coupled with his running ability, he now has to be considered as one of the Top 20 QBs in the FBS.

As Hill's passing continues to improve, he will rush less often. But his total impact as a QB will continue to improve. He will finish his career in the discussion as one of the Top 5 QBs to ever play at BYU. And will be known as an NCAA great QB, in spite of having the worst pass efficiency during a brief stint of his career.

• New to Utah PAYSON, UT
    Oct. 22, 2013 9:30 a.m.

BYU would crush Utah if they were playing this weekend. Houston was an undefeated team and lightning fast. Utah has beaten BYU four straight times but the victory over Stanford is just not that great. Stanford was very lucky to come up with a 31-28 win over Washington. I thought Utah had a good chance against Stanford because they aren't that good of a road team. Oregon would cruah Stanford.Boise State is very unlucky to play BYU where all cylinders are pumping and BSU's QB is sidelined. Chris Petersen knows how to coach and the game will be competitive. BYU is ranked 33 and BSU 37 in the USA Today ranking so the 7pt BYU advantage is warranted.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Oct. 22, 2013 10:08 a.m.

Being in the PAC 12, and the focus is on an out of conference team.

Utah's success hinges on its game with BYU.

It's a great compliment.

• JDPeppers VISALIA, CA
    Oct. 22, 2013 10:44 a.m.

I will give you credit that he is doing better, but the 3 interceptions were ALL his fault this game and NOT his receivers.

He needs to make better choices as grows in the System.

• Wiscougarfan River Falls, WI
    Oct. 22, 2013 11:45 a.m.

Worf "The fluke, and embarrassment is losing to a team that can't seem to win half their games."

CougarfaninTx "Oh, how I would love to have a do over against Virginia and Utah. I don't think either game would even be close."

NewtoUtah "BYU would crush Utah if they were playing this weekend."

I disagree with y'all and believe you're not giving Utah their due props. They get up for big games (see BYU, Stanford). Yes Hill has come a long way but our Oline is still pretty vulnerable and our D makes their fair share of mistakes (see giving up 46 to Houston). I agree that a bowl against the U would be awesome but I'm not as confident that we would destroy the Utes. I had to eat crow after predicting the last rivalry game and now admit that Utah is a pretty decent team and any game against them I would expect to be close.

The good news? BYU has seen massive improvement over the first few games and I believe they can compete with the top teams left on their schedule. Can't wait for Friday night. Go Cougs!

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    Oct. 22, 2013 11:59 a.m.

Hill has really been impressive lately. He crawled out of a horrible start and has taken the team by the horns (something Jake Heaps couldn't do). Hill is a true leader, you can see it everytime he's on the field. And the coaches have done a good job helping him improve. Now for consistency and to avoid those silly interception mistakes and how to avoid sacks. BYU can really close out this season strong and help us forget a poor start.

I drove up to Sandy this morning, I'm constantly awed by the fact that the U celebrates and advertises that they're in the PAC12 more than advertising their sports. Huge billboard that is STILL up proclaiming PAC12 country. Get over it and get on with advertising your football team! And I've seen countless cars with PAC12 window stickers. Who in their right minds celebrates a conference affiliation this much??? I've even seen PAC12 window stickers with no other stickers or anything showing allegiance to the U. I'm just really confused since I've only ever had Y stickers on my car, nothing about football independence or MWC or WAC.

• Tators Hyrum, UT
    Oct. 22, 2013 12:10 p.m.

@ Chris B and Uncle Rico:

You and a few other extremist Ute fans are very predictable. No matter what a player from BYU accomplishes, you will always find some way of trying to diminish it. Being so ultra-biased is the reason most readers don't give much credence to your comments.

To come from being a lowest rated passer to becoming a national Top-10 qb in production in just a half a season is almost unheard of... an accomplishment truly noteworthy. And passing for over 400 yards while rushing for over 100 in the same game is something only a single digit number of division I quarterbacks have ever done in the entire history of college football. Truly remarkable!

Not to diss Travis Wilson, who indeed is a good quarterback, but I wouldn't trade Utah qbs at this point even if you threw in a pot of money to boot. No one knows the full potential of Taysom Hill at this point. We do know he's consistently getting better and better each game and is extremely fun to watch in action. If he does stay healthy, he's undoubtedly NFL material.

• Tators Hyrum, UT
    Oct. 22, 2013 12:25 p.m.

@ Wiscougarfan:

Just one clarification. BYU's defense wasn't even on the field for at least 16 of those 46 points Houston scored. There was kickoff returned for a TD (special teams), and a pick-6 and a safety given up by the offense.
    Though they gave up too many big plays over the top, the defense wasn't as bad as Houston's final score might seem to indicate.

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    Oct. 22, 2013 12:48 p.m.

Hill started out rough and raw this season but it seems each game he is a better passer with his field vision improving. He is only a soph so if he can continue to improve he will turn into a solid QB for the Y.

• New to Utah PAYSON, UT
    Oct. 22, 2013 12:48 p.m.

Thoughts on conferences and talent,last weekend I believe 5 teams in the top ten lost mostly in the SEC conference. Having watched Utah vs Oregon State, Utah vs UCLA both home games for the Utes and comparing that talent to South Carolina, Georgia, LSU, Alabama,Florida State and Missouri the PAC12 falls far short. BCS ranked FSU ahead of Oregon. The PAC12 has one excellent team, Oregon. I would rate the BIG 10 and perhaps the SWC equal or better than the PAC12. Utah plays its heart out at 110% against BYU. It is their superbowl and has been for years, naysayers aside this is a fact. BYU takes some time to get into a groove but this year they made it. BYU is the best team in the state of Utah at this time.

• Wiscougarfan River Falls, WI
    Oct. 22, 2013 1:11 p.m.

RE: Tators

Fair enough. BYU's defense allowed 30 to a Houston team that might be pretty good. And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to infer we don't have a stellar defense, I think we have one of the best in the country. I'm just saying we still have plenty of room for improvement. Go Cougs!

• BeSmart Cheyenne, WY
    Oct. 22, 2013 1:19 p.m.

New to Utah
    I agreethat BYU has improved a ton.
    I think Utah is the best team while playing in the State of Utah.
    When Utah goes on the road they do struggle.
    People may give Houston flack as not having played a tough schedule. They very likely could be in a BCS bowl, they are a extremely fast team, an with either Heaps or Nelson BYU loses the game. Hill is a winner and if he stays healthy BYU could have two good years ahead.
    I think Travis Wilson is a good qb as well.

• Steven S Jarvis Orem, UT
    Oct. 22, 2013 1:33 p.m.

Hill did something very special last weekend versus Houston being only the seventh player to go over 100 on the ground and 400 through the air. Hill also did something special running over Texas in week two. I believe that Hill will continue to improve and rewrite the record books for quarterbacks at BYU. What is most outstanding is that BYU has a running back poised to do the same who is also a sophmore. With next year's schedule being what it is BYU has a legit shot at the playoffs. Just continue to improve, win games and SLIDE when possible.

Beat Boise this week soundly and make Cougar Nation proud.

• Surf is Up Miami, FL
    Oct. 22, 2013 1:42 p.m.

@TroyTown "Taysom is the first BYU QB EVER to pass for over 400 yards and run for over 100 yards in the same game. The Utes have NEVER had a QB even come close to matching that accomplishment."

Chris B would counter that statement by claiming that Houston is not nearly as good as Arizona or even the worst team in the PAC12. What Chris refuses to acknowledge is that the PAC12 is comprised of 5 bad teams, 4 average teams, 2 good teams, and 1 juggernaut team.

I believe that, if Hill can develop his passing skills to become consistently accurate then he will be a Heisman candidate his senior year.

And that would kill Chris if Hill won that.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Oct. 22, 2013 1:46 p.m.

Hill may go NFL after next year.

• BeSmart Cheyenne, WY
    Oct. 22, 2013 1:48 p.m.

I don't think that BYU's Schedule is difficult enough. Even if they ran the table to get into the playoff.
    I would argue a two loss SEC or 1 loss other power conference team will get in over a BYU undefeated schedule next year.
    This coming from a fan.
    Good luck

• shorts Payson, UT
    Oct. 22, 2013 1:55 p.m.

Chris B.

Steve Young. Tell me how he did in his first three games? I think he had 1 TD and 5 or 6 interceptions and losses to UNLV and USU. He turned out to be a pretty good college QB.

• Surf is Up Miami, FL
    Oct. 22, 2013 2:03 p.m.

@Wiscougarfan while I agree that BYU's defense has room for improvement, especially in the secondary, I believe that most of their failings were after being on the field so often.

The offense was either scoring quickly or turning the ball back over so quickly that even the best conditioned defenders were gassed by Q4

• WON84 PLANO, TX
    Oct. 22, 2013 2:16 p.m.

"One may argue that Hill’s performance this past week against Houston came against an inferior non-BCS football team."

Small correction but, Houston is actually in the AAC which has an automatic BCS bid. This is like stating only that only the Oregon types count as "BCS" teams when in reality for every Oregon there are multiple occurences of Kansas...

• Riverton Cougar Riverton, UT
    Oct. 22, 2013 5:44 p.m.

@Surf is Up and Wiscougarfan

I certainly would not mind BYU having the problem of having the offense scoring too quickly that the defense has no time to rest. When I was at Snow College the time of possession for Snow College was about half their opponent's because Snow usually scored so quickly.

• B-Ran Anchorage, AK
    Oct. 22, 2013 7:38 p.m.

@BeSmart

"I think Utah is the best team while playing in the State of Utah.
    When Utah goes on the road they do struggle."

They really are a mixed bag in and out of Utah. They lost to both OSU and UCLA at home, but beat Stanford. 3 good teams. They have only had 2 games on the road, and they won against BYU, lost to Arizona (injury to Wilson in Arizona which I believe is a large reason why they lost that game).

I would love to see a game between BYU and Utah again with a healthy Williams (BYU) and Wilson (Utah). With Taysom playing the way he is, and having Williams (remember they lost him for the 2nd half), Utah would be playing a whole new team.

• talkinsports Gilbert, AZ
    Oct. 22, 2013 8:17 p.m.

I would counter that by saying it begs credulity to suggest that every team Utah has ever played is better than 5-1 Houston

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    Oct. 22, 2013 9:17 p.m.

@CougarfaninTx:

----------

I agree, with the #99 rated QB in the country, there's no team in the nation that can compete with BYU.

Considering that fact that BYU is 7 plays from 20-0, you guys could easily challenge Alabama/Oregon/FSU for a BCS title.

• mussingaround Palo Alto, CA
    Oct. 22, 2013 9:48 p.m.

Uteology

Do you apply any logic whatsoever to your stats?

Taysom's passing efficiency has been BETTER than Travis's 140.2 season average for four straight games.

While Taysom has been steadily improving, Travis has been steadily declining.

Passing Efficiency last four games:

Taysom = 141.4, 155.7, 158.5, 161.9
    Travis = 152.9, 92.7, 139.0, 39.6

• Solomon Levi Alpine, UT
    Oct. 23, 2013 7:31 a.m.

Uteology

Unfortunately for U, your analysis completely ignores the fact that Taysom is no longer performing at his season average 116.5 passing efficiency rating (PER), in fact, Taysom's PER over the last four game is 156.3, which would place him right with some of the best quarterbacks in the country. By comparison, Travis Wilson's PER over the last four games has plummeted to 119.0, which would place him #94 for the season.

#18 Chuckie Keeton (Utah St) 157.1
    #19 Tajh Boyd (Clemson) 156.6
    #20 David Ash (Texas) 156.3
    --- Taysom Hill (BYU) 156.3 (last four game average)
    #32 Joe Southwick (Boise St) 149.9
    #48 Travis Wilson (Utah) 140.2 (season average)
    --- Travis Wilson (Utah) 119.0 (last four game average)
    #99 Taysom Hill (BYU) 116.5 (season average)

Bottom line: Over the last month, Taysom is trending toward the Top 20 in PER. Travis is trending toward the Bottom 20.

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    Oct. 25, 2013 10:31 p.m.

@eastcoastcoug

----------

That's funny, considering our #109 ranked offense with a injured QB took your team to the woodshed and we beat you again with a #105 ranked offense and a D2 QB.

Hill is getting better but the true test will be @Notre Dame and @Wisconsin.

Good luck!