Bahamas Bowl: Will the local teams from Utah benefit from college football's new bowl game?

Comments

• dumprake Washington, UT
    Oct. 15, 2013 4:51 a.m.

The writer didn't answer his own question; lots of dancing around but no answer to the question he poses.

• Wiscougarfan River Falls, WI
    Oct. 15, 2013 5:54 a.m.

I love it. It'll be nice to see the BCS conferences looking in for a change. Does BYU have access to this bowl?

• LVIS Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 15, 2013 7:47 a.m.

Wiscougarfan--

Why would the BCS conferences even care?

• Wiscougarfan River Falls, WI
    Oct. 15, 2013 7:57 a.m.

RE: LVIS

• BYU Joe MISSION VIEJO, CA
    Oct. 15, 2013 8:41 a.m.

Seriously - do you really think the bigger conferences are sad about this? I don't even think they know about this new bowl, let alone care.

• RockOn Spanish Fork, UT
    Oct. 15, 2013 10:12 a.m.

I don't recall seeing a stadium in the Bahamas. Beach football?

• Stang08 Southern, UT
    Oct. 15, 2013 1:06 p.m.

Great another nothing bowl for USU to shoot for. If they don't get the prestigious Potato Bowl they can go to this new one. If they make a bowl that is. Probably not with that new coach and the "best QB in the state" out for the season. I love that nickname since he never proved it.

• Hondo Sacramento, CA
    Oct. 15, 2013 2:53 p.m.

"Gee, I don't know... why on earth would anyone want to go to the bahamas, right?"

Prestige and payout trump location. Sorry. I'd much rather see my team go to the Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix than the Aloha Bowl in Hawaii even though Phoenix is a less desirable location than HI. BCS conferences don't care about this insignificant bowl.......Who does?

• jeru0455 SALEM, OR
    Oct. 15, 2013 3:03 p.m.

Who wants to bet that every team that participates in this bowl will lose money?

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Oct. 15, 2013 4:04 p.m.

jeru0455, not to mention the number of fans that would otherwise attend a stateside bowl for their team who don't want to fork out the money for this one. Still would undoubtedly be a blast for the players, though. But any other bowl location can be fun as well. An acquaintance of mine who played at UCLA said that the Sun Bowl was his favorite bowl week experience.