High school football: 4A power Timpview earns big win over 5A power Lone Peak in nonregion affair

Comments

• adwight AMERICAN FORK, UT
    Oct. 10, 2013 9:13 a.m.

Can't really blame Lone Peak for sitting Gajkowski. He's been pretty banged up and getting him a good week and a half of rest will help them immensely in these next two vital region games. For the first three quarters this was a great defensive slugfest And then in the 4th Lone Peak had some secondary breakdowns which gave Timpview two cheap Tds.

Covey may be the shiftiest and quickest player I've ever seen. Man watching from the stands I don't think the first guy got him once. I though LP did a good job containing for the most part but honestly he was just on another level. They had guys there to hit him but he was like a human joystick. Timpviews defensive line is legit. East vs. timpview is gonna be a great game to watch if they meet up.

• in-the-know Alpine, Utah
    Oct. 10, 2013 11:35 a.m.

lone peak is wishing the caveknight was back!

• podunk utah DRAPER, UT
    Oct. 10, 2013 11:48 a.m.

East will destroy Timpview... so overrated

• in-the-know Alpine, Utah
    Oct. 10, 2013 12:28 p.m.

I guess we will wait and see if east is eligible to play at the end of the season before we spout off.

• UtahBruin Saratoga Springs, UT
    Oct. 10, 2013 12:45 p.m.

Timpview should be playing in 5A, all their sports except maybe baseball could compete in 5A. But then again, their baseball team can't compete in 4A so does it really matter.

Same for East, they should be in 5A.

Enrollment, whatever, it is the whining and enticing of school boards and coaches. I have witnessed it.

• stephen29 American Fork, UT
    Oct. 10, 2013 3:03 p.m.

Can't believe Gajkowski didn't play and don't know why. If he has an injury I understand, but if you are just saving him for the last two games I don't get it. If I was a QB and a leader on the Lone Peak Knights Football Team, you couldn't keep me out of a game against a great team like Timpview !!

• Swishfrom3 Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 11, 2013 12:21 a.m.

Hey podunk:

Didn't they say last year East would destroy everyone including Timpview?

Scoreboard. In case youmforgot, Go over to Timpview and get a good look at thier 2012 State Championship trophy! Is it 6 of the last 8 years they have won it?

Bruin: Westlake should be 3A. They can't win in 4A yet alone 5A. I feel for them.

• OUDucks syracuse, UT
    Oct. 11, 2013 10:18 a.m.

@stephen29

Why would LP play Gajkowski? What does LP gain by him playing in non-region, non 5A game? This game meant nothing in the grand scheme of things. If anyone is to blame its the schools for scheduling this game mid season while both teams should be trying to get healthy and ready for the playoffs.

As far as the best team in that state, I would have to go with East. East lost to a very good Timpview team in the playoffs last year and who knows what the outcome of the game vs Jordan last year would have been but East was right there to win it. Bingham lost to a very beat up Syracuse team in the playoffs last year who ended up getting shalacked by the Jordan team that East couldve beat. All in all its a new year, who ever is the best team in state will prove it down the homestretch. Would love to see East vs Bingham