Utah

Devoted Spanish Fork couple dies within hours of each other after 63 years together

Comments

• utahcitizen1 Vernal, UT
    Oct. 7, 2013 5:23 p.m.

This story was very touching and sweet :) Thanks for sharing.

• washcomom Beaverton, OR
    Oct. 7, 2013 6:26 p.m.

The wonderment of a long devoted relationship like the Dunns show the eternities will be like together.
    Beautifully heartwarming.

• Uncle Rico Sandy, UT
    Oct. 7, 2013 8:05 p.m.

Beautiful story!

• Wayne Rout El Paso, TX
    Oct. 7, 2013 8:49 p.m.

It is a beautiful, well written story. What a shame that so many in our nation have lost of vision of the happiness and joy a faithful marriage can bring.

• WYOREADER Gillette, WY
    Oct. 7, 2013 8:58 p.m.

What a wonderful story.

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    Oct. 7, 2013 10:29 p.m.

Thank you so much for writing and publishing this incredible story. With so much strife and bickering in the news, how refreshing to dwell for a few moments on true love! And that love will go on for eternities!

• rvalens2 Burley, ID
    Oct. 7, 2013 11:20 p.m.

It isn't often that a news story can bring a tear to my eye, but this one did.

Thanks Wendy for writing an article that reminds us all what's really important in life.

• mattmo Gallatin, MO
    Oct. 8, 2013 4:48 a.m.

This is what true commitment and Love is and this is how I hope my life pans out.

• Gemini Australia, 00
    Oct. 8, 2013 7:09 a.m.

What a beautiful story and to go together like this. Has anyone else noticed that there have been dozens of such passings of couples within hours or days of each other this year? I seem to have read quite a few of them lately too. Heaven must be needing these couples to work closely together on missions on the other side of the veil as the work is being "hastened" on in these last days!

• Itsjstmeagain Merritt Island, Fl
    Oct. 8, 2013 7:29 a.m.

Nice story. My wife and I are at 43 years, hope to make a lot more.

• george of the jungle goshen, UT
    Oct. 8, 2013 8:25 a.m.

It took a whale for the tears and the lump tn my throat to clear enough to say anything after reading the story. I really don't like to cry. Good story of a good love. I can only hope I can do the same.

• Shimlau SAINT GEORGE, UT
    Oct. 8, 2013 8:35 a.m.

"Well done thou good and faithful servants.."

• suzyk#1 Mount Pleasant, UT
    Oct. 8, 2013 10:03 a.m.

Truly an example of love, faithfulness and devotion. Enjoyed every word of the story and because it is true makes it even better.

• ladyariel utah, UT
    Oct. 8, 2013 10:33 a.m.

I am so sorry about your mom and dad. I have so many wonderful memories with your family. These pictures just brought back more.

I am praying for your family to be comforted. There is definitely a lesson from the way they lived their life and they taught me. Time will tell if I was a good student.

• yarrlydarb Ogden, UT
    Oct. 8, 2013 7:43 p.m.

The perfect ending for what was apparently a near-perfect relationship.

My wife and I have long hoped for the same ending for our earthly existence when the time comes.

God willing, of course, we continue to hope for just such a blessing.

• Nan BW ELder, CO
    Oct. 9, 2013 7:18 a.m.

This is a lovely story, Wendy. My parents have been married almost 71 years, and I am grateful they have endured many tough times with resilience and patience. Their example of frugal living, and having many other admirable traits has been great for their descendants. After they paid for their farm property they had a house built, partly from an old house, to accommodate visitors. It was a small two bedroom cottage, but then they built a large party room, which could double a sleeping room for grandsons. Then, seeing that wasn't quite adequate they added two bedrooms in another direction. Meanwhile they continued living in their own very modest old farmhouse. This is the way many people of their generation have lived, modestly and generously. We need to learn from examples of the Dunns and others who furnish admirable examples.

• grandma84 South Jordan, UT
    Oct. 9, 2013 8:31 a.m.

I was thrilled to see such a heart-warming story reach the front page! As a senior reader and one who met my husband in high school (married for 63 years) I truly enjoyed your coverage of this story! Thanks!!!

• RFLASH Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 9, 2013 3:01 p.m.

They couldn't have planned it better. It would be hard to lose both parents at the same time, but I have always said that it would be great to live a lifetime with someone and be able to go home together. They did it! I bet it will be hard to sale their home! God bless you.