Family

Steve Eaton: Church parking lot shocker causes volunteer custodian to pause

Comments

• Blaine_ Logan, UT
    Oct. 6, 2013 12:45 p.m.

So, why are the lines always so doggone CLOSE together in church parking lots anyway? I don't know of any other parking lots where the lines are so close leaving so little room. I get claustrophobic parking in the lot :-)

• Idahoan138 Pocatello, ID
    Oct. 7, 2013 1:09 a.m.

We here in Idaho have discovered the cause of this strange behavior.

Color blindness.

Yes, folks, what we have discovered is that pickup trucks cause colorblindness, primarily to the color yellow. There is ample evidence of this, as many readers can attest.

Just thought you'd like to know....

• Rick Meyer Logan, UT
    Oct. 7, 2013 10:04 a.m.

From what I hear, the guy you wrote about is kind of a shady character. A hit by the Mormon Mafia definitely would have been a possibility. A less-plausible scenario is that he showed up earlier to meet someone, and knowing that there probably wouldn't be a big demand for parking stalls until he got back, and not wanting to move the gas-guzzler without needing to, he just left it where it was...temporarily. But that is just a weird, improbable explanation.

Love the article, Steve.

• MapleDon Springville, UT
    Oct. 9, 2013 12:54 p.m.

This isn't news. But this "blogging" has become the norm at DesNews. Where are the news reporters, the scoops of old, the meaty investigators who would find out what really is happening? Well, they're not at the DesNews.

• hadov Carthage, MO
    Oct. 13, 2013 5:31 a.m.

As Ward Financial Clerk, I often park parallel to the sidewalk where the sidewalk dips to the parking lot in the handicap parking. It is easier for me to get out. Of course, I only do this when I am alone.

Some years ago, my wife and I visited the Rogers, Arkansas Stake before they got their new building. They had cars in the yellow lines and cars parked behind them. We were there for Sacrament Meeting only. I would have liked to see how the traffic was directed when Wards came and went.

• Rick Meyer Logan, UT
    Oct. 15, 2013 1:56 p.m.

Au contraire, MapleDon. Does news all have to be about wars, grown men that can't count so they have to shut countries down, and mothers that drown babies? Nay Nay. One of the definitions of news is "new information or a report about something that has happened recently". We can have fun with news, can't we?

• Hey It's Me Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 20, 2014 1:46 p.m.

I can't get enough of your fun articles. It's fun to just laugh a little each day. Thank You!