Utah football: Five questions with an Oregon State insider

Comments

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 12, 2013 9:30 a.m.

With the osu o-line being absolutely decimated by injuries, I think we'll win this game with ease. They can't run and they wont be able to block our d-line.

Utah 35
    osu 17

8-4 or 9-3 this season, with either Utah or UCLA winning the Pac 12 south

Mark it Down

• ET Bass Idaho Falls, ID
    Sept. 12, 2013 9:49 a.m.

Utah will have no problems dispatching this OSU team. Look at how bad they have been up to now. OSU would have a tough time with Weber State. We will manhandle them.

• Brad J West Jordan, UT
    Sept. 12, 2013 10:45 a.m.

I think utah the pac11+u team will lose this game. OSU is good and showed it agains Hawaii. They will crush utah this weekend.

• Brad J West Jordan, UT
    Sept. 12, 2013 10:45 a.m.

Mark it Down!

• Thefullnancy SOUTH JORDAN, UT
    Sept. 12, 2013 11:01 a.m.

Crissy, I marked down what you said last week and it was wrong. Think I'll wait this time. UCLA, ASU or AZ will win the PAC10+2 South not the Utes. You mark that down.

• atl134 Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 12, 2013 11:29 a.m.

@Brad J
    Hawaii got beat down by USC and Oregon State lost to Eastern Washington. Or let's try this argument... Utah is favored to win by 3.5 points.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    Sept. 12, 2013 11:30 a.m.

Brad J

Mark it down in pencil. I will look for a follow up after the game; but I'm sure you will be no where to be found.

This will be a tough game, since all PAC 12 games ususally are. When you play in the 2nd or 3rd best conference in the country, you can expect no less.

GO UTES
    >--->

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 12, 2013 11:56 a.m.

Brad, let put it this way. BYU has as good of a chance at winning this weekend as Oregon State. Same odds of winning next week too for byu!

Go Utes
    >--->

Onward and Upward!

• Brad J West Jordan, UT
    Sept. 12, 2013 11:57 a.m.

@at134

Eastern Washington beat two pac 11+u teams last year. So I would not count on utah to win this game. I can't wait for the humble pie!!!

• VegasUte Las Vegas, NV
    Sept. 12, 2013 12:01 p.m.

I'm glad the people that count - Reilly and Palepoi, et al - aren't considering this as a gimmee game. They are taking OSU seriously, as they should be. When you play in the Conference of Champions, every game counts and every team should be ready. We made that mistake once (cough - cough - Colorado) and got burned. Lesson learned.

Go Utes! Onward and Upward.

• Brad J West Jordan, UT
    Sept. 12, 2013 12:10 p.m.

@Chris B

I never talked about BYU? What are you talking about.

• GoRed WEST VALLEY CITY, UT
    Sept. 12, 2013 1:15 p.m.

@brad j

3 in a row, 4 of 5, 8 of 11, overall 56-34-4.

You and your fellow fans need to learn that when you continually get beat, you haven't earned the right to trash talk?

• VegasUte Las Vegas, NV
    Sept. 12, 2013 5:23 p.m.

@GoRed:

You forgot 7 of 10 AT LES!!

Go Utes!! Onward and Upward!!

• Newton Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 12, 2013 9:55 p.m.

@Brad J

You are just making stuff up. Eastern Washington was 0-8 against the Pac-12 going into the Oregon State game. So, they have never won 2 games against the Pac-12...ever. They are now 1-8. Although, anybody saying that Eastern Washington is similar to Weber State clearly doesn't know much about Eastern Washington. I think Oregon State is a better team than they appear at this point. It should be a good game. Go Utes!

• atl134 Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 13, 2013 3:15 p.m.

@Brad J
    I'm not counting on Utah to win the game. I would actually pick Oregon State to win but I only give them around 55% odds as opposed to you who seems to think it's some sort of lock.

Also, Eastern Washington played only one PAC-12 school last year, Washington State, and Washington State won that game. They are one of the best FCS teams though.

• Pipes Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 13, 2013 4:54 p.m.

In honor of Chris B, Go Beavers!
    We're all Beaver fans this weekend!

• 2013 Ute Seniors SWEEP byU 4-0 Ogden, UT
    Sept. 14, 2013 2:41 p.m.

I think between Weber, osu, and byU, OSU will be the biggest challenge, even though we'll beat them handily.

Next is weber

Lastly is byU.

No one knows how to choke big games like byu. We could play only our 3rd string and we'd still beat them