Utes football: Utah quarterback Travis Wilson mourning loss of best friend, UCLA receiver Nick Pasquale

Comments

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Sept. 10, 2013 8:46 p.m.

Condolences to Travis for the loss of his best friend. I hope he continues to play great this weekend, but more than anything I hope he finds the football game as a release of some of his pain and heartache as often happens. These kids all seem to have grown up a lot this year with some sad, sobering experiences.

• ekute Layton, UT
    Sept. 10, 2013 8:48 p.m.

Condolences on your loss Travis. Looking good on the field. Loved that 55 yard td run. Man, you've got wheels! Go Utes!

• FB Fan #2 Grantsville, UT
    Sept. 10, 2013 10:16 p.m.

From this BYU Fan, I agree with everything ekute and StGtoSLC said. Travis has another thing to fight for now and he's gonna be playing with a lot of passion the rest of the season! (Well, he already has, he'll only get better!). Losing a friend is never a easy thing. Best of luck to Travis and the Utes this season! Go beat those Beavs!

• ekute Layton, UT
    Sept. 11, 2013 6:35 a.m.

FB Fan #2...Props.

• Two For Flinching Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 11, 2013 7:19 a.m.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Travis.

• oldcougar Orem, UT
    Sept. 11, 2013 10:10 a.m.

Travis is going to be a great one for the Utes. I wish him well during this very tough time for a young man. All the best, Travis. Good luck this weekend. Go Utes!

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Sept. 11, 2013 11:16 a.m.

Prayers go out to the Pasquale family and Travis, that is a tragedy.

• jdub1942 PROVO, UT
    Sept. 11, 2013 1:29 p.m.

Hate to read stories like this one, the loss of a friend or family member is never easy.

• SLCWatch Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 11, 2013 2:40 p.m.

I hope this is the last of the bad news for the Utes in the real world. They seemed to have had a bad string of incidents this year that have brought the real world to their door as they have prepared for this season. Football is fun, it's exciting and it's meaningless except for how it can help some become better people. I hope each of the Utes who have faced adversity this year with family illness, lost family and lost friends can find how the adversity has helped them be better persons.

I wish for each in their lives to find strength to endure, growth in spirit and peace to their souls.

Oh, and play with joy in your heart. Come what may.