Utah

State Sen. Luz Robles challenging GOP Congressman Chris Stewart

Comments

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    Sept. 5, 2013 8:44 p.m.

I don't see her as a viable candidate. Chris Stewart is doing a great job in Congress and will be easily re-elected. His values and principles match mine exactly.

• one old man Ogden, UT
    Sept. 6, 2013 8:06 a.m.

Excellent!
    Chris Stewart is beginning to show voters what he is really made of -- and it's not much.

I'm sorry I can't vote for Ms. Robles -- her principles and values are those that uphold the common folks of the state. We need her
    But I'll be working hard to see that Donna McAleer is elected to replace Rob Bishop. This time, we'll win!

• toosmartforyou Farmington, UT
    Sept. 6, 2013 8:40 a.m.

Does all this have to start already? I got so tired of the Matheson/Love TV commercials last year that I could have puked and I don't even live in that district.

Give the common folks a break.....limit the amount of exposure to partisan, hot-air buffoonery, please.

• lost in DC West Jordan, UT
    Sept. 6, 2013 9:07 a.m.

she's excited to bring the perspective of a Latina candidate to the race.
    "I know the citizens of Utah value that component,"

So she wants to make it a race issue. Is that the main qualification she is running on, her race?

The dems’ constant use of the term “extreme” to describe their opponents shows how truly desperate they are.

Toosmart,
    “Partisan, hot-air buffoonery” – you mean how the dems constantly call anyone who disagrees with them “extreme”? Such behavior does highlight dem intolerance.

• Enough is enough! Saint George, UT
    Sept. 6, 2013 10:01 a.m.

Oh, goodie! Another democratic, community organizer/developer who wants to run on the race card. We already have one of those in the top spot and it's not going too well.

• Utah Dem Ogden, UT
    Sept. 6, 2013 10:12 a.m.

One old man - completely agree wih you about Donna; but on Robles, have you met her? Dems - you gotta do better than that.

• joeandrade Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 6, 2013 10:27 a.m.

Terrific!
    Luz Robles is an outstanding candidate and will make a great Congresswoman.

Times are changing. Utah youth are well aware of the problems and needs of their state and nation, even if 2/3 of their parents and grandparents are not - yet.

I ran against Stewart last year, as an independent. I traveled the entire district. My perspectives, experiences, and recommendations are available as a little booklet titled The RUN - available free on line.

I'm delighted Luz is running.

• ConservativeCommonTater West Valley City, UT
    Sept. 6, 2013 12:12 p.m.

Great choices, we have Stewart who is anti-environment, anti-science and pro-religious right. On the other hand we have Robles is a de-facto representative of the Mexican government trying to get amnesty for an illegal Hispanic that is here, or wants to come here.

Unless you're part of a special interest group, voting has become futile.

• RichardB Murray, UT
    Sept. 6, 2013 5:09 p.m.

Robles was the head of Utah's ethnic affairs, and simultaneously held a position on an elected advisory board accountable to the Mexican government.

The Democrats complain about the Republican strangle hold, but can't seem to come up with viable candidates. You know her affiliation with Mexico in the past is going to be brought up time and again.