Utah

Orem woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident

Comments

• JSB Sugar City, ID
    Aug. 25, 2013 10:43 p.m.

If he already had drunken behavior problems in the past, why in the world did he have a "driver privilege card?" Is that a driver's license? The more I look at the situation, the more I believe that if a person is convicted of drunk driving, their driving privileges in Utah should be permanently revoked.

• george of the jungle goshen, UT
    Aug. 26, 2013 1:40 a.m.

If someone has a party and booze is drank they should A. let them sleep their or B. have a driver for them.

• george of the jungle goshen, UT
    Aug. 26, 2013 1:49 a.m.

Odd story about her sitting on the curb after midnight. It's sad that she died, but why is hard to believe she was sitting there.

• Strider303 Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 26, 2013 7:13 a.m.

JSB A driver privilege card is given by DMV to people who cannot prove citizenship to qualify for a driver license. Our legislature was compassionate enough to let undocumented people living in Utah a chance to drive. This is the result.

• joseywales Park City, UT
    Aug. 26, 2013 1:54 p.m.

george- the first time I read this story I wondered the same thing about her sitting on the curb. But returning late last night from the airport, I noticed a neighbor sitting on the side of the road smoking. Since I know her parents don't allow that in their home (she is an adult child) she was doing it outside away from the entrance to her parents home. I'm not saying that is what this young lady was doing, but it's at least possible that she was just enjoying the evening right? A very tragic turn of events no matter why she was there.

• spokaneworker Spokane, WA
    Dec. 8, 2015 10:22 a.m.

It is ridiculous that the state is not enforcing stricter penalties for Drunk Driving. For whatever reason, the state often wants to go soft on people and get a plea bargain. Sad that things like this happen and the state often doesn't take sufficient action to keep us all safe on the road.