Utah football: Utes running backs rarin' to go

Comments

• Christopher B Ogden, UT
    Aug. 23, 2013 8:43 a.m.

I think York ends with 900-1100 yards. Guy is just a rock.

8-4 season and in contention for the Rose Bowl until the very end!

Go Utes!

Utah 30
    usu 17

Mark it Down

• Down under Eugene, OR
    Aug. 23, 2013 8:59 a.m.

CB,
    You forgot one thing: Defense. It does not matter that one running back gains 1,000 yards when the defense gives up 2,000. Sorry buddy but the number will be 4-8, Mark that down.

• Christopher B Ogden, UT
    Aug. 23, 2013 9:05 a.m.

@Down Under,

It's true we don't know for sure how the season will end up, with the exception of one thing:

byu is incapable of beating Utah

Ute seniors finish career 4-0 SWEEP

Van Noy, Hoffman, others... never beat their rival their entire careers!

LOL

How many superstars do you think never beat their rivals in their entire careers?

Not many!

LOL

• Liberal Ted Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 23, 2013 9:14 a.m.

Down Under,

Good thing the team has changed from last year then. Comparing Apples to Oranges here.

And you're both wrong 13-0 with a bowl win:)

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Aug. 23, 2013 9:48 a.m.

@Liberal Ted
    That is the funniest comment I think I have ever read. I can't stop crying because I am laughing so hard. I will tell you this...if your great Utes go 13-0 this year with a bowl win I will give you $10,000. I am being serious about this too.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Aug. 23, 2013 9:50 a.m.

These are the best running backs ever! Best in the world. National Champions this year for sure!

• kiddoc Bountiful, UT
    Aug. 23, 2013 11:51 a.m.

I'm sure glad none of the above arm-chair quarterbacks are playing for any team. Loose lips and grandiose promises and ridiculous expectations never amount to anything. Let's just hope the Utes can gel their chemistry and put their energy into performance, not promises.

• U 90 Corona, CA
    Aug. 23, 2013 12:09 p.m.

Don't like it when players start guaranteeing things, like 1,000 yard seasons. Just go out there and run through the defenders and the yardage totals will take care of themselves.

• Hugh Janis South Jordan, UT
    Aug. 23, 2013 12:11 p.m.

It's good to see a good balance between speed and power with both of these backs. I think the Utes have a lot of wild cards this year and these two will hopefully stay healthy and take some pressure off of the young QB. Stoked for this year, win or lose. GO UTES!

• byufanman west valley city, utah
    Aug. 23, 2013 5:58 p.m.

BYU's running backs have a great one two punch. It's going to be fun to watch them run over a PAC 10.2 defense!!

Go cougs!!!

• Jenny83 Logan, UT
    Aug. 23, 2013 9:04 p.m.

Byufanman - BYU is going to have a tough year this year, no doubt... I see them struggling through much of their schedule...BYU is talented but they are always slow....This year will be no different..