BYU football: Transfer Uani Unga looks to finish out BYU career strong

Comments

• Stop The Nonsense El Paso, TX
    Aug. 12, 2013 8:18 p.m.

We're glad to have you, and glad you're finally getting your chance to shine. Good luck this season, Cougar Nation will be cheering loudly for you!

• mindgames Aurora, CO
    Aug. 12, 2013 8:45 p.m.

Looking for a solid 10-2 season.

Should be a happy, happy, happy season.

• shorts Payson, UT
    Aug. 13, 2013 6:41 a.m.

I hope he has a great Sr. year. He gave up a lot to be at BYU.

• Floyd Johnson Broken Arrow, OK
    Aug. 13, 2013 7:42 a.m.

mindgames - one of the best defensive fronts in the nation. Looks like they will be mining the stands for backs any time now.

Happy to have Unga on the team.

• Lightening Lad Austin , TX
    Aug. 13, 2013 7:52 a.m.

The guy is an Adonis, it's good he's married, no other male student would have a chance with the best women on campus. When you put your own feelings away to honor the desires of others, it's called character. This guy has it in buckets.
    There must be a physical law that governs the universe dictating that sports reporters must look incredibly dorky so that by comparison athletes look bigger, and more toned.

• WON84 PLANO, TX
    Aug. 13, 2013 8:58 a.m.

"This is the group (LB's) that will make that defense one of the best in the nation. With the new and improved offense to add a touchdown or two to each game we will be in great shape for this historic season.

Looking for a solid 10-2 season.

Should be a happy, happy, happy season."

This could be a very good season but, if BYU runs into any prolific passing attacks they're dead in the water due to the health of the secondary...

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 13, 2013 9:02 a.m.

@mind games?

10-2?

10-2?

LOL!

You can't beat Utah. We own you.

Between Notre Dame, Utah, Boise, Texas, and Wisconsin I don't see how byu gets more than 1 win.

4 losses just in those 5

And probably another 2 between Utah State and another random team

7-6

You can Mark that Down.

• Tators Hyrum, UT
    Aug. 13, 2013 10:48 a.m.

To Chris B:

It must really grind on you that a starter on a PAC-10.2 school has no doubts that he made the right decision to leave there and come to BYU as a walkon. On top of that, the school he left is decidedly much better than Utah.

You've already promised not to post on any more BYU articles for year after September 21st, and I'm going to hold you to that. Now ;et's up the ante. I'm willing to bet you whatever you want that Utah will NOT beat BYU this year. You are obviously making your silly LOL statements out of blind ignorance regarding will be happening this year between Utah and BYU... and you will end up will end up with a very red face... not as the school color, but from pure embarrassment.

Oh... and you won't need to mark it down, because it will be seen all over your face!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 13, 2013 2:00 p.m.

@Tators,

I've made the same promise the last 3 years.

And yet I've continue to post all year the last 3 years.

It's been fun.

Ute seniors 4-0 SWEEP.

I wonder what it feels like to NEVER beat your rival in your entire career?

Hoffman and Van Noy will soon know.

When was the last time byu beat Utah 4 times in a row?

The tides have sure changed in the state haven't they?

I'll be reminding you all year that I was right.

Again.

And I'll be laughing that your seniors were SWEPT!

The future of byu football is fighting with usu for the leftover recruits and WAC 2.0 championships!

LOL

• NewJersey Salem, Ut
    Aug. 13, 2013 3:08 p.m.

I really admire the enthusiasm of Chris B. But if things don't go his way in Provo this year he's going to be eating (choking down)the biggest crow in the State.

• Jazzsmack Holladay, UT
    Aug. 13, 2013 5:48 p.m.

@Chris B

Even if 7-6, BYU will still be going to a bowl game,

and Utah will still be home for the holidays wishing they were so lucky.

• Wally West SLC, UT
    Aug. 13, 2013 7:49 p.m.

to Jazzsmack

But, A 7-5 Utah team will get an equal (if not better) bowl than a 10-2 byu team.

• USAlover Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 9, 2013 4:02 p.m.

The State of Utah would have been waiting for you after football in Oregon.

It's actually good to leave Utah and experience the mission field a little bit. It requires a lot of growth, which is a GOOD THING!

I probably would have told my wife to toughen up a little bit. I didn't have to because my wife loved Washington where we did graduate school