Utah Jazz: Mo Williams' agent disputes report that point guard demands to be a starter

Comments

• Uncle Rico Provo, UT
    June 29, 2013 3:58 p.m.

8.5 million is a little steep for a backup

• scalman Temecula, CA
    June 30, 2013 7:35 a.m.

I was hoping Mo stayed years ago, but he left when the Jazz wouldn't match an offer. Now, with Trey Burke here and none of us sure how Mo comes back from his hand injury, I'm not sure it is a good idea to sign him. I would rather the Jazz re-sign Jamaal Tinsley, who is a true point guard, to help teach T.B. By next year, T.B. should have a good idea what's going on and Raul Neto should be here, too. I like the idea of re-signing DeMarre Carroll, though.

• scalman Temecula, CA
    June 30, 2013 9:33 a.m.

No one is sure if Mo is going to be more injury prone now and whether his hand is completely healed. I would prefer that the Jazz re-sign Jamaal Tinsley to tutor Trey Burke. For one thing, Jamaal is a pure point guard...Burke doesn't need a lot of help scoring...he already is quite adept at that. I would like to see DeMarre Carroll re-signed also. Good luck to Mo, though, if he leaves. He is a warrior.

• coleman51 Orem, UT
    June 30, 2013 10:31 a.m.

I agree that 8.5 million for a back-up with no upside and no future will help the Jazz. If they could pick up a younger, experienced player through free agency, it might be worth their money.

• Kakashi Tokyo, Japan
    June 30, 2013 5:11 p.m.

i'd rather sign Jose Calderon...

• Uncle Rico Sandy, UT
    June 30, 2013 9:12 p.m.

Let's hope Mo plays in Utah next year..., Burke talking about becoming an All-Star worries me since he hasn't even played an NBA game yet.

• Jazz Source Alpine, UT
    June 30, 2013 10:31 p.m.

Jazz pursuing Knicks Chris Copeland says hoopshyperumors.

The dude can flat out shoot/fill it from deep. Ridiculous 3pt shooting %'s.

You put he and Foye in the same lineup and Favors/Kantor would have alot of room to work down low.

I'm not sure we need Mo Williams to teach Burke how to gun and shoot in that order. If Burke needs mentoring I think you want emphasis on decision making and distributing the ball which Tinsley could provide. Tinsley can't shoot a lick but Burke already can do that.