Faith

LDS missionary Siosiua Andrew Taufa remembered as humble, valiant at funeral service

Comments

• Serenity Manti, UT
    June 28, 2013 9:22 p.m.

Condolences to the family of one of our missionaries. May our Father in Heaven be with you and comfort you in this time of extreme sadness. When a young missionary meets with such tragedy, it affects the whole Church and we all feel his loss. This is so very sad.

• ulvegaard Medical Lake, Washington
    June 28, 2013 9:54 p.m.

I never feel that such moments are appropriate for lectures on safety, etc. We mourn with those who mourn and wish that somehow we could all lend more comfort to those who stand in need of comfort.

None of us knows how much time we may have in mortality. When the time arrives that we must move beyond this existence, how much more profound that are departure be during a moment of service and striving to improve the mortal condition. Well done Elder Taufa!

• Grandma 20 Allen, TX
    June 28, 2013 10:36 p.m.

My deepest condolences to you and your family. May our loving Heavenly Father wrap each of you in the arms of His love and whisper peace to your souls.

• Rick2009 MESA, AZ
    June 29, 2013 11:14 a.m.

I know words can never fill in the hole in your heart. My deepest heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Though I do not know your family, I have thought of your family and your son every day since I read the horrible news. But I hope you can find comfort in pray to our Heavenly Father. I was just listening to a talk the other day of Pres. Kimball he said he didn't even understand why things like this happen, but through prayer we you can be strengthened and comforted by our Father in Heaven. Peace to you and yours.

• Darwin Richardson Ukiah, CA
    June 29, 2013 2:05 p.m.

Our heart goes out to the family of this great missionary. We lost our son while he was on his mission in the Mexico City East Mission in 1998. We took comfort in that he died while serving the Lord. Elder David B. Haight telephoned us and reminded us that he had not been released from his mission and is still serving with those on the other side of the veil.

May the Lord give you peace and comfort to your lives.

• MoJules Florissant, MO
    June 30, 2013 2:42 p.m.

What a wonderful concept, I had never thought about the fact that they are not released from their mission. Whenever a missionary dies while on their mission, I think that they are among some of the choicest missionaries, I do think about them continuing to serve, but I didn't think about the fact that they are still set apart here as missionaries. I also really admire the parents of these young people who make such a heart wrenching sacrifice, but I know that they will be truly blessed in the eternities.

• marxist Salt Lake City, UT
    July 1, 2013 4:46 p.m.

Looking at the picture of his casket all I could do was weep. It's not enough to be sure.