Family

Miley Cyrus 'embarrassed' by her role as Hannah Montana

Comments

• Spitvalve Denton, TX
    June 27, 2013 7:43 p.m.

Irritated by her old music--but I bet she's not irritated by the royalties she's still earning.

• Xbalanque DC, VA
    June 27, 2013 7:49 p.m.

Why doesn't she just grow up, own it, and appreciate the fact that that part of her life made her a multi millionaire and move on. So sick of her poor me everybody wants to keep me innocent and remember me that way...be gracious and thankful for it.

• Morgan Duel Taylorsville, UT
    June 27, 2013 10:35 p.m.

Cyrus maybe you should look at the life of Annette who set the example and who paved the way for you to become rich and famous. I guess you are trying to become another Britney. Look what happened she screwed up her life with drugs and loose morals. Hollywood loves to ruin these young women with drugs, disease and sick values.

• RadicallyRational Fort Morgan, CO
    June 27, 2013 10:58 p.m.

Don't worry, Miley. There are many of us who were "irritated" and "embarrassed" by your music even when it was popular.

• tinahons Trenton, UT
    June 28, 2013 6:20 a.m.

I agree, she should be grateful for the Hannah Montana that made her a "rich" little princess. Stop whining, grow up. And stop trying to shock people at every turn, or you will find yourself a "has been."

• Utah Native Farmington, UT
    June 28, 2013 10:10 a.m.

While I've always been irritated by your music and Hannah Montana persona, Miley, I put up with it for many years for my daughter's sake. She was a huge fan. You'll be glad to know that she has outgrown you, and we have rid her room of all the posters, clothing line, CDs, Barbie doll likenesses, and other junk associated with Hannah Montana. It feels so nice to have that embarrassing era behind us. We're just glad we sold it on eBay before everyone else moved on, too.

• Tuffy Parker Salem, UT
    June 28, 2013 10:13 a.m.

Another post-Disney trainwreck in progress.

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    June 28, 2013 10:16 a.m.

It'll be amusing when, at age 25, she's trying to distance herself from the 20 year old Cyrus.

• paintandestroy Richmond/Cache, UT
    June 28, 2013 10:31 a.m.

20's is pretty grown up but don't worry, judging from your new video you'll still have plenty to be embarrassed about when your in your 30's looking back

• SG in SLC Salt Lake City, UT
    June 28, 2013 10:49 a.m.

. . . and so begins the next human trainwreck that is a young superstar transitioning into an "adult" persona and/or mishandling their newfound freedom.

You'd think that she would take a good look at what has happened to Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, or Charlie Sheen -- or even Robert Downey, Jr. or Drew Barrymore a decade or so earlier -- and do everything in her power to avoid that, but I guess the hubris and delusion that she's different and somehow immune to the kind of personal implosions they all had is just too great for her to overcome.

I pity her.

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    June 28, 2013 11:23 a.m.

This girl is headed for the dumpster...fast!!! If I were her dad I would be pressing the panic button!

• A Guy With A Brain Enid, OK
    June 28, 2013 11:30 a.m.

So Mily Cyrus is "embarrassed" by THE role which earned her MILLIONS of dollars?

She didn't have to prostitute herself out (ie, do anything illegal, immoral or unethical) to earn that huge amoung of wealth, she had to act.....she had to "pretend", which is what most of us did when we were little kids growing up. We "pretended" in our playing...you be a pirate, I'll be a cowboy.

For this she is embarrassed?

How in the world can she be so utterly clueless?

Same comment goes with her early music. I'm in my 40's and I have probably 10 or 12 Miley Cyrus songs, some of which were from when she was in her early teen years. Those songs are pretty danged good, her young age notwithstanding. Like the other comments here....I bet she's not "embarrassed" by all the money she continues to rake in from those early songs.

I'm not going to go on some personal protest and delete her songs I own or refuse to listen to them anymore, because they're great!, but my respect for her continues to decrease just about every time she speaks.

• Mukkake Salt Lake City, UT
    June 28, 2013 11:36 a.m.

I love how many of these comments want to see Miley Cyrus failed and ruined. Jealousy at its finest.

Next I'm waiting to hear how many people "wouldn't want what she has anyway". Whatever helps you feel better about your insignificance...

• Hondo Scottsdale, AZ
    June 28, 2013 5:01 p.m.

"I'm not going to go on some personal protest and delete her songs I own or refuse to listen to them anymore, because they're great!"

I don't believe I've ever heard anyone describe her songs as "great." I happen to disagree vehemently.

• Eliot Santaquin, UT
    June 28, 2013 5:03 p.m.

Not unexpected from a 20-year old. She will change over the years as she matures, just like everyone else.

• KJB1 Eugene, OR
    June 28, 2013 5:47 p.m.

The whole Hannah Montana thing was like nails on a blackboard to me personally, but I don't blame her for feeling irritated. If your high school yearbook were posted up all over the world, you probably wouldn't like it either. Growing up is hard enough for everybody, even when your awkward years haven't been offered up for public consumption while a bunch of anonymous busybodies root for your failure.

As silly as I feel for defending Miley Cyrus, cut her some slack. She's allowed to become an adult.

• Striker Omaha, NE
    June 28, 2013 6:29 p.m.

"It feels so nice to have that embarrassing era behind us. We're just glad we sold it on eBay before everyone else moved on, too."

Nothing is more true!

• Uncle Rico Sandy, UT
    July 1, 2013 1:45 p.m.

This is what happens when you don't have a foundation.