BYU basketball: Brandon Davies a potential late second-round pick in Thursday's NBA draft

Comments

• Tom in CA Vallejo, CA
    June 25, 2013 7:20 p.m.

Good luck Brandon. Maybe you and Jimmer will wind up together in the NBA - Boston might be a nice fit for both of you.

• hobbes1012003 Kaysville, UT
    June 25, 2013 7:27 p.m.

I cant wait to see Brandon play in the NBA! Good luck Brandon, I hope you have an amazing career!

• motorbike Cottonwood Heights, UT
    June 25, 2013 7:52 p.m.

From a Ute fan, I hope Davies makes a team and proves a lot of detractors wrong. I think he has enough game that if he can build on it he could become a serviceable rotation player for a lot of years.
    Good luck to you Brandon.

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    June 25, 2013 8:58 p.m.

We loved watching you play, Brandon. The team was always better with you in the game. Good luck Thursday in the draft. You've shown determination and guts through hard times. You're a proven winner!

Go Cougars!

• Heart and Mind BUENA VISTA, VA
    June 26, 2013 7:52 a.m.

Isn't it great to see how life has turned out well for him after he hung in there? What an example for us when things look grim! He could have given up after leaving the team, and now he is going to reach the dream of most teenage athletes. I can feel a bio book coming on coauthored with Rock or Harmon.

• Utes22 SPRINGVILLE, UT
    June 26, 2013 8:18 a.m.

Best of luck Brandon. I would love to see you playing in the NBA and am looking forward to hearing your name called.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    June 26, 2013 8:18 a.m.

He could be a high pick.

• Tators Hyrum, UT
    June 26, 2013 8:49 a.m.

@Ernest T Bass:

Concerning a nice feel-good story, it would be nice if you could drop the ongoing sarcasm for once. It eventually gets old.

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    June 26, 2013 9:27 a.m.

Ever since "the event", I have been most impressed with Davies character. Not many young men could navigate the public humiliation he received and rise above it all. Wishing you nothing but the best.

He's the best "big man" prospect BYU has had in decades. Much more ready for the NBA than Plaisted was. And even if he doesn't make it in the NBA, he's still going to make millions playing the sport he loves on foreign soil.

• Down under Salt Lake City, UT
    June 26, 2013 6:21 p.m.

But how could this be? Utah fans said he no chance of playing in the NBA.

• IndeMak South Jordan, UT
    June 26, 2013 6:23 p.m.

Second round pick? Not in the NBA.

He may get an invite but it's simply a tryout for Europe.

• portlander Arlington, WA
    June 26, 2013 7:38 p.m.

I'm a dreamer and I don't care if it is actually possible or not, but I hope Brandon gets taken in the second round by the Trailblazers, followed by a trade to get Jimmer Freddette away from Sacto.

• AZUTE1 Mesa, AZ
    June 27, 2013 8:13 p.m.

"followed by a trade to get Jimmer Freddette away from Sacto."

He's still playing?