Former BYU receiver Austin Collie works out for Patriots, but no signing is imminent

Comments

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    June 11, 2013 5:17 p.m.

Collie is a proven NFL receiver and deserves another shot. If I am New England I bring him on for a 1 year deal and go from there.

• hobbes1012003 Kaysville, UT
    June 11, 2013 5:33 p.m.

I hope Collie can sign for a team this year and get back on the field, that was a serious run of bad luck to get cracked in the head like that. ANY player would have had serious concussions if they go hit the he was. Best of luck to you Collie! I look forward to seeing you play again!

• localblue Sandy, UT
    June 11, 2013 7:35 p.m.

It's a serious run of bad luck, I agree. But I think Collie's style for some reason makes him more susceptible to concussions. It was just not a good thing to see him lying on the ground unconscious on one of those hits. I'd give it one more shot and hang up the cleats if it keeps happening. Best of luck to you Austin.

• Woodyff Mapleton, UT
    June 11, 2013 8:42 p.m.

Those concussions must have done more damage then previously thought, he is willing to risk his future to play football - someone talk some sense into him!

• Guam_Bomb BARRIGADA, GU
    June 11, 2013 11:46 p.m.

Collie should not be allowed to play another down of Football, period!!!I hope the NFL looks at his situation and determines him medically ineligible to play. They may not have a procedure for doing it, but he would be a great test case. Give him enough credit so that he's fully vested in the retirement plan and send him on his way. He's got a wife and children that he won't be around for if he keeps getting concussed.

• dhsalum Saint George, UT
    June 12, 2013 2:48 p.m.

Multiple doctors have cleared Collie to play, so why would the NFL 'suits' make the decision that he can't play when doctors have said he is ready?