Utah

Airport TRAX ridership remains strong weeks after official opening

Comments

• FREDISDEAD West Point, ny
    May 19, 2013 6:53 p.m.

Any major city worth visiting has light rail/train/subway to the airport. Nice to see SLC getting with the program. :)

• Kim Cedar Park, Texas
    May 20, 2013 1:59 a.m.

Just a note. Most public transit systems do not use reducing traffic congestion as their justification for existence. Public transit systems are designed for the purpose of providing an alternative mode of transportation, not to reduce automobile congestion. That is justification enough. Those that rely on significantly reducing auto congestion as their justification will be sorely disappointed. I have not found that to be the case anywhere.

• SLC gal Salt Lake City, UT
    May 20, 2013 8:47 a.m.

I can't wait to see what it does for State Fair traffic!

• DEW Sandy, UT
    May 20, 2013 9:12 a.m.

I wonder if CEO and other upper staff of uta still drive to work? I remember John English (former ceo uta) drove to work every time and he still may be driving even he gets free ride on uta.

Sorry for my attitude and yes I do have no choice but to take uta. I wish they bring back service along in Sandy areas 7th and 13th east. And yes it make sense to have service to Airport which should have been installed at the beginning when first train was running in Sandy to slc.

• 1conservative WEST VALLEY CITY, UT
    May 20, 2013 10:34 a.m.

"DEW" I used to attend UTA "board" (the "board" is really just a rubber stamp for ANYTHING management wants)meetings and one time an attendee asked if ANY of the management EVER rode UTA conveyances.

He was told (in a very arrogant tone) that it was "none of the publics business".

UTA exists PRIMARILY to enrich the top executives. How/why they actually help people get to their destinations takes a distant 3rd. place, after helping out local construction companies by constant building projects.

• DEW Sandy, UT
    May 20, 2013 12:58 p.m.

@1conservative - funny about their response "none of the publics business". Go figured!