Faith

LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm, dies

Comments

• Hey It's Me Salt Lake City, UT
    May 13, 2013 5:29 p.m.

Prayers to the family! As I suffered grief with the death of my 2 1/2 month old grandson, I just had to know that he was special enough that the Lord wanted him in his presence . This young man was wiling to serve and the Lord felt he needed him for a more important purpose somewhere else. Yes we miss them but know we have an angel with us at all times and know we will be with them again. Yes there is sorrow but also joy. My heart is with you all.

• twinb Brigham City, UT
    May 13, 2013 6:16 p.m.

My heart goes out this family. My son is currently serving in the Sweden Stockholm Mission and got to know this fine young man before he began his mission. As a mother of a missionary, I can't imagine getting such news! I know it was a pretty somber weekend in the Swedish Mission this past weekend, as the news reached them. The family is in my prayers.

• rlsintx Plano, TX
    May 13, 2013 7:52 p.m.

Condolences to the family, and thanks for trusting your son to go so far from home to answer the call to serve others. Best Wishes to you all.

• Twin Lights Louisville, KY
    May 13, 2013 8:28 p.m.

I am so sorry for his family. I pray they might have peace.

• MormonSean Salt Lake City, UT
    May 13, 2013 11:25 p.m.

I feel nothing but love and hope for his family. I'm very happy they were able to be with him. I hope they know that he is still with them and they will reunite. I hope they feel his love right now.

This missionary was serving God and his fellow man. He surely was good and filled with love to dedicate himself to serving the Lord. My thoughts and prayers are for his family.

• JohnJacobJingleHeimerSchmidt Beverly Hills, CA
    May 14, 2013 12:39 a.m.

We will pray for his family and pray for the missionaries in the field.

• Swedish reader Stockholm, Sweden
    May 14, 2013 2:51 a.m.

Elder Guerra belonged to my ward, and was one of the most wonderful people I have ever known. A combination of complete goodness and strength, he was a joy to be around. We have all spent the last few days crying, praying and fasting for his family. I have never seen so many people in tears as this past Sunday at Church, not even at a funeral. We will all miss him terribly.

• MoJules Florissant, MO
    May 14, 2013 3:36 p.m.

From the comments that I read of those that knew this young man, the thought came to me that he would probably be there in the spirit world saying, it's OK. He is continuing his mission, it is hard to lose someone unexpectedly, but what a joy to know that we will see them again. I hope that his family will find peace during this time of loss.

• mattrick78 Cedar City, UT
    May 15, 2013 6:35 a.m.

Very sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

• fsa0033 Mesa, USA, AZ
    May 15, 2013 8:50 a.m.

I understand the loss to the family. Yet I feel happy for him that he's in a better place and receiving the rewards of his mission and sanctified life. This is what we strive for in our daily lives. The remorse is for those still here. I believe he's well and in the hands of the Lord. What a great life for him. I know his family is proud as well as sad.

• LDSNANNY Newport Beach, CA
    May 15, 2013 9:37 a.m.

My prayers are going out to the Family and friends of this wonderful young man. Just remember he's with our Heavenly Father and you will see him again

Sister Jinafer Marie Sharp
    Irvine, California Lake Ward

• Sqweebie Salt Lake City, UT
    May 15, 2013 11:20 a.m.

:( such very sad news. My thoughts and prayers go to his family

• MSP Salt Lake, UT
    May 15, 2013 8:25 p.m.

Having lost a son while he was serving his mission, I understand how difficult this is for this family. Such heartbreaking news to receive, and it takes so long to process. I know, however, that my son is not far away. I have felt his presence often and know he is lovingly watching over his family as he does missionary work in another place. My love to the family and friends of this young man from Sweden!

• Dr. Lynn Tullahoma, TN
    May 16, 2013 4:28 a.m.

I pray God will bless this dear family.

• AZ Blue & Red Gilbert, AZ
    May 16, 2013 8:38 p.m.

As all have stated our thoughts and Prayers to the family. Must be a special one for our Heavenly Father to call him home. I know I have a few up there that need his teachings.

God Bless to his Family

• gratefulmouse san angelo, tx
    May 16, 2013 11:16 p.m.

My prayers go out to the family. He is very busy now doing his missionary work in the spirit world...

• Joakim LIdingÖ, 00
    May 17, 2013 3:08 a.m.

I had the opportunity to serve with his father in a Bishopric a few years ago when Jeffrey was in Primary. He was such a great kid, we called him our wards own "General Authority", I remember his talks when Primary had their annual participation at sacrament. Jeffreys talks were way beyond his age, he really had taken the gospel at heart and was eager to serve the lord as a missionary. The family will be back to Sweden today and we really don´t know how to deal with this. We are still in shock, although comforted with the fact that all is well, in accordance with the great final verse of Come Come ye saints: "And should we die before our journey´s through, Happy day! All is well", easier said than done.

• texascharity Placerville, CA
    May 17, 2013 8:08 p.m.

Prayers go out to his family and friends....It is always sad when we lose one of our Missionaries.

• TJ411 Saratoga Springs, UT
    May 22, 2013 3:43 p.m.

Joakim, Thank you for the personal insight into this amazing young man.

• EnglishAlan Rugeley, Staffs
    Jan. 21, 2014 7:05 a.m.

As a former Missionary, and as a parent of those that have served, it always seems like a personal loss when a full-time Missionary is "called Home." I have no words of wisdom to offer to the grieving family of this fine young man as to why these tragedies happen. We just have the knowledge that we will see our loved ones again, but still we feel the pain of separation.

The only comfort I can give you is the personal knowledge that the Holy Ghost in his role of Comforter does bring peace. I have discovered that there truly is a "Balm in Gilead."

Please know that all of us as a church grieve with you, and send you our heartfelt love and prayers. God Bless each of you.