Utah State football: Kerwynn Williams becomes second Aggie selected in 2013 NFL draft

Comments

• Ironmomo Ogden, Utah
    April 27, 2013 5:42 p.m.

Nice to see Kerwynn get the nod. Aggies keep churning out great running backs.

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    April 27, 2013 6:07 p.m.

What an exciting fit for Kerwynn! It is also sweet to have 3 RBs drafted from USU in two years. Go Big Blue!!!

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    April 27, 2013 6:45 p.m.

Who is ahead of him on the roster? That's the only thing I want to know.

• Sambonethegreat Logan, UT
    April 27, 2013 9:31 p.m.

This is outstanding news. And it couldn't happen to a cooler guy. Kerwynn has had to wait a bit longer for his opportunities, but when I met him after the spring game last week, I was pleasantly surprised by his humility over what he has accomplished here. Congrats, man!

Utah State is now the only football program in the country to have three running backs drafted in the last two years. And its the first program to accomplish this feat since USC had three running backs drafted between 2010 and 2011.

Utah State = Running back U

• Kermit Kaysville, UT
    April 28, 2013 10:22 p.m.

I love Kerwynn. When he was the NCAA leader in yards for kick returns a few years ago, he didn't even know it, and just spoke of helping his team. I've met him twice, and he is a humble, great guy. I hope he finds his niche on this team, and is able to contribute.

Hey Stang08, read the article to find out who's ahead of Kerwynn. It's in there! These are great successes for these athletes and their fans! Why so negative? Bobby Wagner had a breakout season as a rookie and is captain of one of the best defenses in the NFL! They were almost in the Super Bowl! Lighten up! We love you. :)

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    May 16, 2013 2:16 p.m.

@Kermit

Almost doesn't count. They were either in or out. Anxd Wagner didn't help much. Don't ask me why I'm so negative towards USU when you and everyone else know's the answer. It's as simple as that. So who is ahead of him? He won't start for the first few years of his carrer. Not by a long shot.