Star Lotulelei ready to shine in the NFL

Comments

• East Coastie Frederick, MD
    April 23, 2013 9:14 p.m.

I wish my Ravens could get him, but he will definitely be long gone by our 1st pick I'm sure! Good luck to wherever you go, Star; you will be an asset to any team! I just hope it's not the Steelers as it may kill me to have to root for them at all.

• Rational Salt Lake City, UT
    April 23, 2013 9:37 p.m.

My first thought at seeing him play in high school: "That is one of the biggest football players I've ever seen."

Good luck, Star. I'm sure you'll do very well in the league.

• motorbike Cottonwood Heights, UT
    April 23, 2013 10:38 p.m.

Total class.

• Who am I sir? Cottonwood Heights, UT
    April 23, 2013 10:58 p.m.

Great article about a great man. (Couldn't help but wonder... How's Max Hall doing?)

• Roger Jolly Maricopa, AZ
    April 23, 2013 11:04 p.m.

Star, have a great time with your friends and family Thursday night. Whatever team picks you will not only get a great player, but a class act too.

Good luck.

• Go Utes! Springville, UT
    April 24, 2013 6:37 a.m.

I just love Star, what a stud. I wish there were more players like him. Has anyone else noticed that the University of Utah seems to put out more class act athletes than any other school.
    Star, Alex Smith, Eric Weddle, the Kruger brothers Robert Johnson, etc. I love the guys our coaches get they are sure easy to root for.

• thebigsamoan Richmond, VA
    April 24, 2013 7:14 a.m.

@ Who am I sir,

Max Hall is probably doing fine where he's at. As for Star, I'm sure he's very much deserving of all the accolades coming his way and I for one couldn't be happier for him and his family. Sounds like a great kid and a great ambassador for Ute football...big and strong with oodles of talent, and very humble and level headed too. That's something we call be very proud of, even us cougar fans celebrate that!

Good luck and congratulations, Mr. Star "Very Relevant" Lotulelei!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    April 24, 2013 8:34 a.m.

I wonder if future recruits know that Whittingham has RECRUITED and had DRAFTED over 20 guys, whereas bronco has ZERO guys he has RECRUITED and DRAFTED.

Is 20 or 0 better?

Star - You're going to make a hundred million dollars in your career. You deserve every penny.

• reasonableUTE Provo, UT
    April 24, 2013 8:36 a.m.

I would like to say i'm not surprised because I know what a great guy he is, but I am surprised! Humility like this in a guy that is rated as a top 5 talent (not necessarily top 5 pick) is something that I had never witnessed until now. Whatever team gets him is going to benefit from Star's talent, work ethic, humility, and quiet leadership for years to come! Here's hoping that he goes to an organization as classy as he is!

• Just Smiling BOUNTIFUL, UT
    April 24, 2013 10:06 a.m.

What a great example to all of us. A man who realizes that football is just a means to an end and not more important than family. No self agrandizement, no comparrisons, no bad mouthing or trash talking opponents nor rivals, not taking yourself too seriously.... just a clear and deep understanding of what is important and what lasts. Hopefully we can all watch and learn. Best wishes Star and Thanks!

• VegasUte Las Vegas, NV
    April 24, 2013 11:20 a.m.

Way to go Star!! A true example of what is RIGHT in sports today. A great player, a great man, a leader by example and a CLASS ACT!!

• Reno Cougs Fan 68 Reno, NV
    April 24, 2013 1:25 p.m.

Chris B,
    The number of men that went on to play in the NFL is not so important as the number of men that became great fathers, community members, business leaders, etc. And I mean that for both schools not just BYU!!! Good luck to both Star and Ziggy in the NFL!!! Hope neither end up with brain damage from this dangerous sport!!!

• kat Ogden, UT
    April 24, 2013 5:01 p.m.

Chris B
    Sounds an awful lot like Star has football someplace besides number one in his life - did you forget that in your list?
    Good luck to both Star and Ziggy!

• sls Columbia, MO
    April 25, 2013 1:13 p.m.

Ziggy will be drafted first.