Max Hall not alone: BYU football players who played in the CFL

Comments

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    April 11, 2013 11:35 a.m.

Does anyone know who the last guy byu guy drafted that Bronco RECRUITED?

K Whitt has over 20 guys he's recruited land in the NFL.

Does bronco have even 1?

• ekute Layton, UT
    April 11, 2013 3:06 p.m.

Chris, Magic happened one time for bronco. Austin Collie. ;) lol.

• ekute Layton, UT
    April 11, 2013 3:23 p.m.

Wow, bronco only has 2 players on the CFL list. How about the AFL? Add up both leagues and it's still a small fraction compared to the total of players that Witt has sent to the NFL.

• alternate Salt Lake City, UT
    April 11, 2013 3:42 p.m.

Too bad such a hateful comment from Chris B had to be attached to a fun story about the CFL and former BYU players.

I enjoyed very much seeing old names from the past. I suspect that Coach K and Coach M will enjoy the story if they read it. Both played in the same time period of some of the players mentioned. I also believe both would be as disappointed in Chris B's comments as I was.

Chris, will you do me a favor? Will you make a copy of the story and your comment and send them to Coach Whit at the Utah Football Office and ask for his feelings on the story and your comments? If you get a reply back, will you send it to the DNews for publication.

Thanks!!

• el guapito Provo, UT
    April 11, 2013 5:13 p.m.

I remember Earnest T Bass from my youth. The best that could ever be said about him was that he spent all his time throwing rocks and annoying people who wished he would just go away. After considerable thought, it is now my considered opinion that Chris B is actually Chris Bass who, like his brother Earnest, also wastes his time throwing rocks and otherwise irritating people. I would not be at all surprised to learn that Mildred in Fillmore is their first cousin.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    April 11, 2013 10:12 p.m.

@ekute,

Collie was a crowton recruit!

Still big ZERO for bronco.

• TRUTH Salt Lake City, UT
    April 12, 2013 8:01 a.m.

Whit has 11 Bronco 8, but given the teams today? Whit will be lucky to be coaching in two years if he can't get out of the cellar in the bigb12.

• Y Grad / Y Dad Richland, WA
    April 13, 2013 5:41 p.m.

All that NFL talent, and look where it got the Utes? Truth be told, with the disparity in all that NFL talent, how do you explain all-but-one season fairly mediocre results? Would seem to me that Coach M has accomplished alot more with "choir boys" than coach K has with all those "real athletes".

Any theories?