Dick Harmon: How about Kiper's No. 2 pick projection for Ziggy?

Comments

• Vladhagen Salt Lake City, UT
    April 6, 2013 1:32 p.m.

I would see Ziggy go somewhere where he can get solid playing time than get a high draft pick. We do not need a FreeZiggy campaign. But, while I am at it FreeJimmer!

• eagle Provo, UT
    April 6, 2013 1:32 p.m.

I'm not sure at #2 but the kid has huge upside and would be a great pick for any team. Barring injury Ziggy (and Star for that matter) should have great careers.

• Proud Ute ,
    April 6, 2013 2:33 p.m.

That would be quite an achievement for the young man.
    Best wishes, just hope he ends up on a team that makes him better.

• Lightening Lad Austin , TX
    April 6, 2013 8:08 p.m.

A man I hugely respect, Rev SJ Bobkins of the Church of BYU Football, has never waivered from his prediction that Ziggy will go no higher than #6 Detroit nor lower than #10 Tennessee. Guts are a vey rare quantity for GM's , who is going to welcome the heat drafting Ziggy higher than #6 would set off from his fans, because of his "unknown and untested" status?

• wwookie Payson, UT
    April 6, 2013 8:11 p.m.

Dick is dick. In no way whatsoever did kiper project ziggy as no. 2. Very misleading headline.

If he would have stayed one more year in college, he might have been. Hoping he goes top five. Given his physical size and abilities and his quick success in college, he is well worth the bet on him as a top ten pick.

• Lightening Lad Austin , TX
    April 6, 2013 8:15 p.m.

Correction-Detroit has the #5, stinkin' keyboard has a mind of its own

• RationalPlease Spanish Fork, UT
    April 6, 2013 9:52 p.m.

Best article I have read in a long time; not because of the content, all though I do like Harmon's columns. But I enjoyed this because there was no sophomoric BYU OR Utah bashing. How refreshing.

• Vladhagen Salt Lake City, UT
    April 6, 2013 11:27 p.m.

Chewbacca......Ziggy would have probably loved to stay one more year. The only problem was........he already will have graduated. Sure, he could have stayed for one more year as some sort of "grad student" or what have you, but his draft stock is high right now. Strike while the iron is hot.

• Utah'95 FPO, AE
    April 7, 2013 5:37 a.m.

I can't wait to see Ziggy get drafted. His is one of the best stories to come out of football in the state of Utah for years.

Good luck!

• superBYUfan American Fork, Utah
    April 7, 2013 6:29 a.m.

I am excited to see where Ziggy goes in the first round of the NFL draft. He has so much untapped potential that he may go in the top 10. The scouts don't want to miss out on a future star and Ziggy certainly has the potential to be a star in the NFL.

• skitter Orem, UT
    April 7, 2013 9:14 a.m.

Actually wwookie in Kiper's latest mock draft Ziggy is projected at number two. Dick just didn't referance that very well.

• DEW Cougars Sandy, UT
    April 7, 2013 10:59 a.m.

Deosn't matter to me how high he would be drafted. What matters most who will be patient in understanding of his abilities like he may not do well at practice but will do great during live games. Inmagine Mike Dickta would go nuts if Ziggy doesn't get it during practice session.

Go Ziggy and have fun wherever you go, do I hear 49ers (he won't be avaiable that far out).

• Duckhunter Highland, UT
    April 7, 2013 7:21 p.m.

@wwookie

Yes Kiper mocked Ziggy at #2 overall, you probably ought to do a little research before making pronouncements.

That said I don't know that he'll go that high but it is pretty cool he is being mentioned there.

• BigCougar Bountiful, UT
    April 8, 2013 2:28 a.m.

Who can predict the draft accurately? Nobody really. Just a lot of speculation for the most part. Where ever he lands in the draft it will be fun to watch and the waiting will be exciting. Best luck to him.

I really admire his belief in himself and his natural confidence to be willing to come to a strange country and his determination to play a sport that's brand new to him after the sport he initially wanted to play (Bball) turned him away. There had to be a ton of discouragement at times yet he pushed through it and took advantage of the opportunities that came his way. Remarkable young man.

• TOO Sanpete, UT
    April 8, 2013 6:49 a.m.

wwookie,

Actually Kiper did. Look on ESPN and find his latest mock draft. It's there.

• Obama10 SYRACUSE, UT
    April 8, 2013 10:26 a.m.

Ziggy is a great story. Can't wait to see him and Star in the NFL.

• Owl Salt Lake City, UT
    April 8, 2013 2:04 p.m.

Ziggy's story of individual development is inspiring. Fortunately a person of his spiritual and physical strength will not be stopped by the occasional ankle biter.

• Citizen J Orem, UT
    April 9, 2013 1:27 p.m.

I'm a Ziggy fan, but I have to say that a number of the scouts were disappointed to see how quickly he tired in his workouts. I'm hoping they recognize that he's been focusing on school and hasn't been training 24/7 like a lot of other NFL hopefuls; furthermore, I hope they, instead of holding that against him re: work ethic, consider his potential is even greater than they may originally have imagined since he did so well without the extra work/effort.

• ji bae Saint George, UT
    April 9, 2013 5:50 p.m.

This is somewhat tangential to the story, but this shows how unknown the top of the draft will be this year and I'm so excited! Usually by this time we know the top 4-5 picks already..