South Sevier superstar Race Parsons to compete in national 3-point shootout at Final Four

Comments

• nielsen American Fork, UT
    April 4, 2013 11:41 a.m.

Congrats! Way to represent the state of Utah

• cager Enoch, UT
    April 4, 2013 12:03 p.m.

Congratulations Race. The article is very well written and one that needs to be written. So often small schools and their students/athletes are overlooked and their accomplishments under-appreciated. Race is a fantastic young man and a great basketball player. He represents so well the type of youngsters that compete in Utah high school athletics. In today's society of me-me-me and the sense of entitlement that we see so often among spoiled college and pro athletes, it is refreshing to read about a young man with the right qualities, the sound understanding and proper judgement that accompanies a young man that has been raised to respect others and to be responsible and accountable for his own actions. Race is and has been a remarkable example to all of us that know him. A humble, unassuming person that is a Warrior on the court. Good luck to Race this weekend but also best of luck in your career at Southern Utah University. We are all so proud of you!

• NK84 layton, UT
    April 4, 2013 1:35 p.m.

Well done Race. Hard work can pay off for anyone. Even if you attend a smaller school, or one that is not named Lone Peak.

• IRS Agent PROVO, UT
    April 4, 2013 5:32 p.m.

Congrats Race - from a Richfield alum that went to school when your parents were at SS. They must be proud.

• How gr8 isthat Washington, UT
    April 4, 2013 10:07 p.m.

Congrats Race. The record that you broke that your ol grandpa had is an incredible feat. I must tell you, I was fortunate enough to play for Coach Parsons. I love the man, he instilled so much confidence in all of us. I was so sad when he left Beaver after my sophomore year. He had some deep range also. I will be voting for you in your competition. Good luck .

• Louisiana Cougar Pineville, LA
    April 5, 2013 8:07 a.m.

I bet a nickle Race is related to Lynn Parsons who I enjoyed watching many years ago at BYU. Lynn was also from the southern part of Utah.

I followed Race this year and hoped BYU would give him a chance! The Cougars need this young man to be a "designated shooter" and zone buster.

• JD Books Sulphurdale, UT
    April 5, 2013 8:38 a.m.

He was recruited by several D1 schools but chose SUU.

• DEW Cougars Sandy, UT
    April 5, 2013 8:39 a.m.

Winked Winked, did grandpa tell you that he didn't have this 3 point in the past? I am sure grandpa was proud of you. Not sure if Dave Rose knew about you but I think you should fit in at BYU. Good luck at the final 4 and have fun and enjoy your time at SUU.

• JD Books Sulphurdale, UT
    April 5, 2013 12:50 p.m.

Maybe BYU will recruit him after his mission

• Ville Salt Lake City, UT
    April 6, 2013 4:37 p.m.

@JD Brooks.......not likely. BYU has some really good national recruits coming in over the next few years and they got the best in-state recruits and shooting guards in Emery and Haws. Take nothing away from the Parsons kid. He had a great career, posted some outstanding numbers and should be a very good player at SUU. He just wasn't the best in this state and he struggled along with his team against top competition last November in the Great Western shootout in Orem. Remember that tournament....0-3 for SS and less than average stats against some big time teams.