Utah

About Utah: Father doing all it takes to nail the landing after snowboarding accident

Comments

• MrsH Altamont, UT
    April 1, 2013 11:03 a.m.

Sounds like he did everything right, just plain ole bad luck.
    Blessings to you and your family!

• washcomom Beaverton, OR
    April 1, 2013 6:41 p.m.

Good luck to you, Walkers! Seeing the grit and determination in the photo just reminds us all that it takes a lot of work and much faith to make things happen in our lives. Never give up hope!

• Runner Chandler, AZ
    April 1, 2013 8:28 p.m.

Utah has a great Spinal Cord rehabilitation facility in S. Jordan. It is one of the best and most accessible in the country.

• Esquire Springville, UT
    April 2, 2013 5:33 a.m.

35 years old, husband, bread winner for soon to be three children, seems like behavior too risky under the circumstances.

• iron&clay RIVERTON, UT
    April 2, 2013 8:36 a.m.

Is there such a thing as a aerial snowboarding "accident"?

• iron&clay RIVERTON, UT
    April 2, 2013 8:41 a.m.

Is aerial snowboarding kind of like intentionally jumping off a cliff and then calling the consequences awaiting you at the bottom an "accident?

• JimmyJackJohnJones Jonestown, TX
    April 2, 2013 11:13 a.m.

I'm sure everything would have been differnt if it wern't fer that blessing. Golly!

• joseywales Park City, UT
    April 2, 2013 7:24 p.m.

Esquire- I'm betting he does something everyday that is umpteen times more risky than catching some air snowboarding. In fact, I'll bet you do it too. It's called driving a vehicle. Ever do that? As a breadwinner myself, I know I drive every day and know that it's not really if I get into an accident, but when. It will probably not be my fault, but a texting or talking distracted driver. I just got off the mountain about an hour ago, and I'll take my chances catching some air any day over what I know is coming while driving someday.

Ironclay- see above. But, yes, just like I said about driving. Sure there are careless people who ski, ride, drive, shoot, etc., but most of us do what we love and know that someday there might be an accident involved. I for one, won't live my life with fear. Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'!