5 questions with Aggie QB Chuckie Keeton

Comments

• Sambonethegreat Logan, UT
    March 31, 2013 10:56 a.m.

It's good to hear that Keeton is working hard in the off-season to improve his game. We really do have a special player on our hands. If he continues to develop the way he's been going the last year, he's going to help Utah State win A LOT of football games!

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    March 31, 2013 2:57 p.m.

I have a question for Keeton. You are a good QB, why did you choose USU over other big programs that may have wanted you to play at the position?

• utefan23 salt lake city, UT
    March 31, 2013 5:33 p.m.

Because only USU, Air Force, Memphis, Nevada and Rice offered him. Smart move on Chuckies Part.

• Aggie84 Idaho Falls, ID
    March 31, 2013 5:48 p.m.

Stang

Would that mean your unbeatable team?

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    March 31, 2013 6:51 p.m.

@Aggie84

We had the best QB in the state is Brad Sorensen. We didn't need Keeton. Good luck with your down year Aggie84. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

@utefan23,

If it was me, I would've choosen Memphis or Nevada over USU. But I'm not Keeton. it was just a simple question.

• utefan23 salt lake city, UT
    March 31, 2013 7:31 p.m.

@stang08

Yea USU was a risk when he was committing but obviously it paid off. If Keeton went to Nevada or Memphis I don't believe they would of had as much success as what he has brought to USU. Call me crazy but the guy is a stop flight QB, he had more stars coming out of high school than Alex Smith. Chuckie is a prime example of raw talent that just needed to be developed.

• Aggiealum Las Vegas, NV
    March 31, 2013 11:42 p.m.

USU will challenge Boise State right from the gates this season in the Mountain Division of the Mountain West. Keeton is a stud and may be the best quarterback in the Mountain West this year. Statistically I think he's better than Southwick from Boise State.

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    April 1, 2013 1:02 a.m.

@utefan23

That success you are talking about was Anderson's doing. No matter who the QB was. Now that he's gone I will bet Keeton won't have much success. I'm not debating that. I'm just saying I wonder what would've happend had he gone to a bigger school than USU. You couldn't beat Bosie in the WAC. So I doubt you can beat them in the WAC 2.0.

• Sambonethegreat Logan, UT
    April 1, 2013 9:42 a.m.

@Aggiealum

I think Southwick is pretty standard for a QB: not great, but not bad. I think next to David Fales of SJSU, we have the best QB in the Mountain West.

Keeton is basically the reason we will be able to challenge Boise State. Boy oh boy, it's nice to know we play them at home. It will be a battle for sure.

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    April 1, 2013 10:23 a.m.

Already paid for my season tickets. Boise and the y at home. It is going to be a fun and fantastic Aggie football season.

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    April 1, 2013 12:27 p.m.

Boise could very well lose. I don't see it happening but it could. BYU losing to USU is just not possible. It was possible a few years ago but BYU let their gaurd down then. Now they know better so it won't happen.

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    April 1, 2013 4:03 p.m.

The same guy said Bobby Wagner was nothing special and that he wouldn't get drafted. So then Bobby finishes his rookie season in Seattle as the runner up best defensive rookie of the year.

It is sad when hate completely blinds a person.

Gary pulled the pieces together for a great program. That program still has all the pieces necessary to compete at a high level in the MWC.

• Stang Oh Eight Alpine, Utah
    April 1, 2013 7:20 p.m.

USU would not accept me, so I had to go to a lesser school. Now I am just bitter and sad.

• Stang08 Cedar City, Utah
    April 3, 2013 1:41 p.m.

@Stang Oh Eight

How many times do I have to tell you I never applied to USU? I didn't want to go to a school like that. Is it that hard to understand? I'm not bitter or sad because as I said I never applied to USU.