Utah

Waitress fixes 'broken' cheeseburger and child's disappointment

Comments

• BYR Woods Cross, UT
    March 25, 2013 7:33 p.m.

See, I told ya there was good in the world.

• eastcoastcoug Danbury, CT
    March 26, 2013 6:37 a.m.

Great story. My sneaking suspicion is there are millions of these kinds of positive stories taking place every day but we end up focusing on the crime, terror and selfishness that is out there rather than all the good.

Keep up the good work!!

• Strider303 Salt Lake City, UT
    March 26, 2013 8:06 a.m.

Hey, a little kindness, compassion and just being plain nice. It isn't hard and makes the world or our little corner of it a nicer place. I agree with eastcoastcoug, we ought to hear more of this and less of me, me, me buy adults who should know better.

• Shimlau SAINT GEORGE, UT
    March 26, 2013 8:22 a.m.

A little kindness indeed goes a long way!

• Turtles Run Missouri City, TX
    March 26, 2013 11:44 a.m.

I will be taking the family to Chili's tonight. Great customer service!!!

• fazsha Millbrae, CA
    March 26, 2013 1:06 p.m.

I don't get it; why didn't they just tell the girl they cut the burger up for her health? Now we're wasting food.

• windsor City, Ut
    March 26, 2013 4:07 p.m.

Thanks to all those out in the public-- restaurant workers, flight attendants, church members, teachers, neighbors, store employees, etc etc and just average people you might run into at a park or movie or grocery store--who have figured out there are a LOT of kids on the autism spectrum, and that they need to be given a little slack.

Your kindness and patience and attempts to help and understand--instead of rude remarks and judgment and smirking are making life easier and happier every day for the parents and families of these kids--not to mention the kids themselves, like in this story

THANK YOU!!!

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    March 26, 2013 4:44 p.m.

Replacement cheeseburger = $8
    Positive PR generated by kindness = Priceless

• Steve G. NORTH SALT LAKE, UT
    March 26, 2013 4:44 p.m.

It's nice to see an uplifting story for a change!

• NeilT Clearfield, UT
    March 26, 2013 7:58 p.m.

All the talk at work this morning was what a non story this was. Sorry folks I feel the same way. This is not what I watch news for.

• bw00ds Tucson, AZ
    March 26, 2013 8:53 p.m.

@NeilT, if that's the way you feel, then I sincerely pity you and your workplace colleagues. This is what I wish news was more of. What a wonderful story, highlighting human goodness.

• Free Agency Salt Lake City, UT
    March 27, 2013 2:35 p.m.

If more businesses could just understand that *people*--both customers and employees--are the foundation of their business and not profits-above-all, then profits would increase tremendously.

Not that that *should* be the reason for treating people well. But isn't it wonderful that the two do seem to go together?